No announcement yet.

CM pairing......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swindon fan here - just to clarify, Gladwin can do a job at CM, that's where he started off for us. Has a good range of passing, and can keep the ball moving/ set a tempo from CM. He just has little to no defensive capabilities, so can be a bit of luxury/ liability there when the team's under pressure. I expect he'll be given more of a free/ advanced role coming off the bench for you, though he can definitely fill in at CM if required.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Do you think we will be looking to bring another cm in Hove? A more proven player with a bit of quality or you thinker got enough atm?
      Yeah maybe, it just depends who of the big earners are left. I wouldnt say no to a proper physical presence in there with Luongo or Faurlin.

Comment

Originally posted by swindon1879 View Post
        Swindon fan here - just to clarify, Gladwin can do a job at CM, that's where he started off for us. Has a good range of passing, and can keep the ball moving/ set a tempo from CM. He just has little to no defensive capabilities, so can be a bit of luxury/ liability there when the team's under pressure. I expect he'll be given more of a free/ advanced role coming off the bench for you, though he can definitely fill in at CM if required.
        Cheers Swindon. From what I have seen of Gladwin he is certainly not the type I would want playing CM for us. Pleasing on the eye going forward but serious lacking in defence. Plus a lack of pace and fitness. Also based on your description of him previously, I would certainly say you would agree that he shouldnt play CM;

"Ben Gladwin - I guarantee he'll be one of the oddest footballers you've ever seen.

Positives: He has the build of a centre-half, but his feet are fantastic; looks slow and languorous on first impression, but glides past players as if they weren't there. If he can isolate a player, he'll beat them 90% of the time. He has a great cross, and if he can cut inside, an absolute bullet of a shot that hits the target more often than not. His rate of progression since signing from non-league has been remarkable.

Negatives: Not great in the tackle or in the air, despite his size, and fitness must improve (he'll be outstanding one half, then start puffing and disappear in the next). His best performances have come from left wing, and I think his first season you'll chiefly use him off the bench. "

Comment

If fit and eligible. Sandro starts in midfield. I really rate him. He's just made of glass.

Comment

Sandro, Luongo and Faurlin. Rav behind the striker. Lovely

Comment

Sandro and Faurlin

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                He's not a CM. Swindon had luongo, kasim, rodgers as their main CMs and Gladwin played wide or behind the striker as he is more of a luxury player not a grafter. Maybe you should do more research before questioning others.....
                Oooooo I am so sorry.. Maybe you want me to hold my hand up next time before posting... My god get a life fella

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan8947 View Post
                  I'd love to see Luongo and Diakite but I'm always gonna be nervous about the walking red card.
                  Ale is a star of a player in the ch'ship but dunno how much he'll feature. I see Gladwin as more of a wideman imo.

Dunno what's gonna happen to Sandro.

Maybe Henry as a bench player at best if he renews.

He is a running red card, I suggest you should give him that. His stamina is top notch.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Cheers Swindon. From what I have seen of Gladwin he is certainly not the type I would want playing CM for us. Pleasing on the eye going forward but serious lacking in defence. Plus a lack of pace and fitness. Also based on your description of him previously, I would certainly say you would agree that he shouldnt play CM;
                    Yes I agree, he's definitely not good enough to play there for a team targeting promotion. Luongo though I think will be a regular.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                      Oooooo I am so sorry.. Maybe you want me to hold my hand up next time before posting... My god get a life fella
                      Apology accepted. You made a cringey dig at the fact he wasnt mentioned and i showed you the error of your ways. I have no problem with you posting without my permission, just dont agree with your snide remarks and will let you know whenever you make them

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                        Also you do come across as teenager/youngun with your childish digs. If you are fair enough, I will bear that in mind in future

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Do you think we will be looking to bring another cm in Hove? A more proven player with a bit of quality or you thinker got enough atm?
                          Not digging you out mate, but you love that word "quality" don't you?
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by swindon1879 View Post
                            Yes I agree, he's definitely not good enough to play there for a team targeting promotion. Luongo though I think will be a regular.
                            Thats ok then because I get the impression from Sir Les & Ramsey that consolidation and rebuilding is the target for this season. So. A top half season is the more likely target.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                              Sandro, Luongo and Faurlin. Rav behind the striker. Lovely
                              Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              Not digging you out mate, but you love that word "quality" don't you?
                              Haha never noticed it mate - but it's quality you brought it to my attention.

Must be aaodstone thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                                Luongo and Dani Garcia.
                                I should believe we are signing him. He must be the Brazilian, Spanish or portuguse Insider refered to, IMO. One for the future.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X