Vargas - Copa America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vargas - Copa America

Given the brilliant form Eduardo is in for his country do you think that we saw the best of Vargas in a Rangers shirt?

Personally I think we f ucked big time playing him out on the wing for the vast majority of the season. Thoughts?
    Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Classic mis handling of a player! everybody but Redknapp could see he was playing out of position

Comment

Everyone was crying out that Vargas was being played out of position all season
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As above hes a striker who we chose to play out wide. With his movement and Austins finishing we should have had a deadly partnership but silly chops harry could not see it

And some posters here kept trying to convince us he was a better winger than forward

Comment

Class player.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He should be sued for the crimes he committed at QPR!! Adel is right!!!!

Vargas, Phillips, Austin, Fer, Adel, Sandro, Isla, Caulker, Yun, Green, Dunne and Ned was MORE than enough but in a way I am quite please because staying up would have paved over the cracks/ canyons in the infrastructure of our club.

The man never looked beyond the first team squad, the club would have collapsed in on itself eventually!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Absolute class player who was never played in his correct position. Seemed to decline in form once his kid was born but then was never given a proper chance. Apparently had attitude problems but then so would I if I was striker and kept getting lumped out on the wing, even when there were no other fit strikers available

Comment

Vargas is a goal scoring striker
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

We didn't see the best of him as someone said H.R. played him out off position and the Man in charge now thought Adel and SWP were better options(NUMPTY) the fella is a class act but some how we always turn the majority descent players into average?

Comment

What scares me most is that Ramsey did not play him at all - not good enough for his loosing team - is the man blind or what

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                      What scares me most is that Ramsey did not play him at all - not good enough for his loosing team - is the man blind or what
                      No, Vargas didn't want to train properly or play as a sub so was dropped...

Comment

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/skill...ch-final.html? Vargassssssss is quality, here is the 2nd goal he scored last night
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Of course we didnt see the best of him. He is a quality striker with a 1 in 2 goal scoring ratio at international level, yet we dumped him on the bloody wing... ridiculous. One of his main strength is his clever movement and runs... completely nulified in the wing as is his natural finishing ability. Nice one Harry!

If you ran a restaurant would you have your best chef waiting tables....? Say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                            No, Vargas didn't want to train properly or play as a sub so was dropped...
                            Vargas was fine until The numpty that is Ramsey decided to pick Adel and SWP in front of him, and if I was him I'd be pissed too?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              Vargas was fine until The numpty that is Ramsey decided to pick Adel and SWP in front of him, and if I was him I'd be pissed too?
                              He performed ok, but he was never played as a striker, which is what he is, so never looked that happy or in the games as much as he shouldve been.. utter waste of a top talent we were lucky to secure for the season and we just didnt use him to our advantage. As mentione, a pairing of Vargas and Austin up top would've been brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                              X