No announcement yet.

Surrender Monkey's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just feel that Charlie isn't a one season wonder, as a club we should his goals are our best chance to get promoted, if that means losing 10m, so be it, he's on low wages.
    Would Pelle have scored as many goals as Charlie did for us, I doubt it, would Clyne have had five caps last season, I doubt it. So saying Clyne is worth more because Southampton finished 8th is rubbish.
    So I would say to clubs, if you think he's a one season wonder, wait 'til next summer and you can have him for free, if not pay what City paid for Bony, Spurs paid for Saldado and Liverpool paid for Lallana, 25m not 10. And to Charlie enjoy your honeymoon and look forward to seeing you knuckle down, and help get the club you happily signed a 3 year contract with promoted, when you get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Bakholt View Post
      To all you dream team managers who say we should be grateful to get 8-10m for Charlie because he has a year left on his contract, who would you rather have playing for us next season, Clyne or Austin? What's the difference other than Saints know what their players are worth, and play hardball?
      One is an england regular who will get fifty plus caps, the other one wont ever play a minute in an england shirt, maths is maths.

Comment

I just feel that Charlie isn't a one season wonder, as a club we should his goals are our best chance to get promoted, if that means losing 10m, so be it, he's on low wages.
        Would Pelle have scored as many goals as Charlie did for us, I doubt it, would Clyne have had five caps last season, I doubt it. So saying Clyne is worth more because Southampton finished 8th is rubbish.
        So I would say to clubs, if you think he's a one season wonder, wait 'til next summer and you can have him for free, if not pay what City paid for Bony, Spurs paid for Saldado and Liverpool paid for Lallana, 25m not 10. And to Charlie enjoy your honeymoon and look forward to seeing you knuckle down, and help get the club you happily signed a 3 year contract with promoted, when you get back.
        I gave multiple reasons as to why clyne is worth more than charlie, the reference to finishing 8th was in regards to the fact they will be playing european football next year and are a prem team so his value will be more (unlike us who were relegated). Also most clubs wont buy a player because you feel he isnt a one season wonder unless you are involved in their recruitment process. They usually wait for it to be proven. But in all honesty they are completely different players with different backgrounds and the only similarity is that they both have 1 year left on their deals so the comparison is somewhat pointless

Comment

I hear what you're saying Hove, all I'm trying to say is in my opinion, keeping Charlie for one more season is a better option than 10m in the bank.

Comment

I hear what you're saying Hove, all I'm trying to say is in my opinion, keeping Charlie for one more season is a better option than 10m in the bank.
            Thats fair enough mate. Then just say that, you're not alone, many fans agree with you. I think the owners will see it differently and will cash in on him and IMO thats the sensible business decision

Comment

Whole heartedly agree and im sure the money men at rangers do as well, but charlie wants prem football and its out of our hands so to speak.

Comment

If Andy Carroll was worth 35m, Charlie is certainly worth 15m.
                "The World is Yours"

Comment

Charlie's contract say's it's certainly not out of our hands, unless I'm mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Guildford_R View Post
                    If Andy Carroll was worth 35m, Charlie is certainly worth 15m.
                    To be fair, Carroll wasn't worth £35m and has never been worth £35m.......Liverpool were just stupid to spend that amount. To highlight how stupid they were, they paid £23m for Suarez !

Comment

If someone said we'd be guaranteed promotion for 15 million quid then I'm sure we'd snap their hand off so....keep Charlie for the last season of his contract and let him go on a free at the end of the season, effectively losing that 15 million (if indeed he is worth that). I really think he will be the difference between pushing for promotion and ####ing around in mid table.
                      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Charlie's contract say's it's certainly not out of our hands, unless I'm mistaken.
                        Oh great, hes staying then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                          If someone said we'd be guaranteed promotion for 15 million quid then I'm sure we'd snap their hand off so....keep Charlie for the last season of his contract and let him go on a free at the end of the season, effectively losing that 15 million (if indeed he is worth that). I really think he will be the difference between pushing for promotion and ####ing around in mid table.
                          I reckon swp must of earnt about that for doing absolutley so d all, so i doubt the money men care about the money if he would say he wanted to stay, but he doesnt im very sad to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Oh great, hes staying then.
                            If the club turn down all offers and sacrifice whatever fee we were offered, yes he would be staying and if I was Les that's what I'd advise the board to do.
                            I can't see that happening though, but it's not up to Charlie

Comment

we just need to come out and say pay up or he plays for QPR next season also speak to Austin and say if noone comes in you are staying and offer him a bonus to stay
                              TWITTER
                              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Working...
                              X