Positive QPR Thread......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive QPR Thread......

as things stand. There seems a lot of nervousness about the upcoming season on here and dare I say a little doom and gloom in some quarters.

So I wanted to focus on some positives and why we should be optimistic -

Green/MCCarthy - which ever one starts in goal we have arguably the best two keepers in the league.
    Onohua/caulker cb pairing - can't think of too many better at this level and should be pretty formidable.
    Yun/Robinson - two very compentent lb's at championship level

- the above to me shows we are very solid at the back for the upcoming year. If we invest wisely in a rb and get decent cover for the cb position I don't see us letting to many goals in.

Gladwin, luongo, jet, Mackie all capable of getting 5-10 goals each.

Faurlin if fit - what a player at this level.

Ramsey and les are rebuilding the club in the right way and have got rid of the dead wood. New philosophies are being installed.

Austin, fer, Phillips and Sandro should fetch somewhere near 40 mill if not more. If we spend 15-20 mill of that we can get the strikers and wingers we need to compliment our strong back line.

Each year we been in the championship with tf at the helm we have gone up. So even without the pressure of making it a hatrick of promotions we should be competitive.

We will invest and we seem to be looking at Pacey players.

Just a few things there that to me indicate things aren't as bad as some fear but that's just me.

Like to hear anymore positives my fellow R's can think of and of course I can't wait to see the pessimists rip me a new one

I'm happy with the way we have gone about things so far this summer.

Cleared a huge amount of deadwood & reduced our wage bill by a ludicrous amount.

Ramsey, whilst not everbody's cuppa tea & with a lot to prove still, I am glad we are having some continuity & sticking with him & Les.

Some positive signings, "right sorts" and not a bunch of mercenaries. We seem to finally be acknowledging the level of club we are, are not trying to punch well above our weight.

Very happy with ST prices, working out at £19.50 a game for my renewal which I can't grumble at.

All in all really looking forward to the new season. Roll on August
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      I'm happy with the way we have gone about things so far this summer.

Cleared a huge amount of deadwood & reduced our wage bill by a ludicrous amount.

Ramsey, whilst not everbody's cuppa tea & with a lot to prove still, I am glad we are having some continuity & sticking with him & Les.

Some positive signings, "right sorts" and not a bunch of mercenaries. We seem to finally be acknowledging the level of club we are, are not trying to punch well above our weight.

Very happy with ST prices, working out at £19.50 a game for my renewal which I can't grumble at.

All in all really looking forward to the new season. Roll on August
      Good point matty. That's some serious value for money.

Comment

If we started the season with the current squad, I'd actually be pleased as Punch.
        With both Austin and Mackie playing, we would score galore and soar.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

maybe we can get hoilett playing to his full potential
          if only!!

Comment

I'm liking the fact we have been linked with a few European players. Spanish players in particular. So many good players in Spain you can get for bargain deals.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              as things stand. There seems a lot of nervousness about the upcoming season on here and dare I say a little doom and gloom in some quarters.

Green/MCCarthy - which ever one starts in goal we have arguably the best two keepers in the league.
              Onohua/caulker cb pairing - can't think of too many better at this level and should be pretty formidable.

- the above to me shows we are very solid at the back for the upcoming year. If we invest wisely in a rb and get decent cover for the cb position I don't see us letting to many goals in.

Ramsey and les are rebuilding the club in the right way and have got rid of the dead wood. New philosophies are being installed.

Austin, fer, Phillips and Sandro should fetch somewhere near 40 mill if not more. If we spend 15-20 mill of that we can get the strikers and wingers we need to compliment our strong back line.

Each year we been in the championship with tf at the helm we have gone up. So even without the pressure of making it a hatrick of promotions we should be competitive.

Just a few things there that to me indicate things aren't as bad as some fear but that's just me.

Like to hear anymore positives my fellow R's can think of and of course I can't wait to see the pessimists rip me a new one
              Will it be a record if we do a hatrick of promotions as we like to break/make them.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Great positive post Maids but I believe Little and Large were in charge when we went up as champions, TF only took over just before the start of the PL season. I may of course be wrong and some one will no doubt rip me a new one too.

There is no reason why we shouldn't all be positive
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Would you class TF as being at the helm this season?

Comment

Les knows football inside out and is in charge.
                    Ramsey is determined to make a name for himself as a manager , so will be hungrier than matty at the toby carvery.
                    All the bad eggs gone except traroe.
                    New signings that are everything the previous mercenary lot were not.
                    Season tickets cheap as.
                    Championship is probably the best its ever been.
                    Mackies back.

And finally we have got JET.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
                      Will it be a record if we do a hatrick of promotions as we like to break/make them.
                      Have I missed a promotion with TF at the helm somewhere? Warnock won promotion under the Ownership/Chair of Tango and Cash.

Comment

Come on Maids Tango and cash were in charge when we first went up. TF has only 1 promotion under his belt and 2 relegations
                        Plus I dont think we will reinvest £20 mill this summer. We may shell out on 1 big signing (striker max £4-5 mill) but thats it in terms of significant deals. The main problem we have is that we dont know who will be here next season and that includes the club. There may be players they want rid of but cant get the right fee and there might be players we want to keep but if the right offer comes in we will probably let them go. So with such an uncertain time ahead it is not surprising that some are showing signs of nervousness or gloom

Comment

I'm in total agreement Maidstone.

I think if we were to compare our squad at the start of the season to those of other teams, we could get a glimpse of just how lucky we are.

Comment

Love the thread but I wish I was as confident as you about our back line. It would largely be the same personnel as last year and, let's face it, they were atrocious at times. I don't think we found a back four that actually worked well together and didn't make stupid mistakes. Yes, it's a different league and standard but unless they've learned some lessons over the break then we are still going to leak like a sieve.

Other than that concern, I am pretty up-beat about the season ahead, with or without Charlie, Fer, etc.
                            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Have I missed a promotion with TF at the helm somewhere? Warnock won promotion under the Ownership/Chair of Tango and Cash.
                              No fair point your spot in as is hove. Got mixed up with the dates. 1 promotions under tf it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X