Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: **The Stan Bowles / Alzheimers Charity Bet Thread**

1. Default QPR Podcast LIVE and Stan Bowles Art of Football T-shirt

http://www.west12media.co.uk/qprpod/qpr-podcast-live/

The world’s most popular QPR Podcast will be holding it’s traditional end-of-season party in front of a live audience on May 5th at The Good Ship, 289 Kilburn High Rd, London NW6 7JR

The first two names confirmed to give their take on the season and answer questions from the audience are; fans favourite Lee Cook and QPR CEO Lee Hoos, more names and surprises will be announced nearer the date.

A not-to-be-missed event which promises to be a fun night. Tickets cost just £10 + £1 booking fee

Doors open at 18:30 and podcast goes on air from 19:00.

As you are all aware our best ever player Stan Bowles has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and everyone at the QPR podcast would like to help him and his family. Along with our friends at Art of Football we have created a special commemorative T-Shirt with a minimum of £5 from every shirt sold being split between the Bowles family fund that looks after Stan’s daily welfare & ongoing care and the Alzheimer’s Society, the UK’s leading dementia support and research charity, to help raise awareness of the disease.

We are taking pre-orders for the Stan t-shirt, which you will collect at live show. If you wish to order one (or more) we will be offering 10% discount on the RRP of £22. Please select the ticket/shirt bundle of £29.80+£1 booking fee. After ordering we will contact you for sizing requirements.

http://www.west12media.co.uk/qprpod/qpr-podcast-live/

In case there are those that want to donate but haven't yet, just wanted to let you know that I will be sending the money off on Saturday.

A big thank you to those who have already sent me their donations.

Just so that everyone is aware, I have today transferred a total of £325.00 into Stan's trust account.

I would like to say a big Thank You to :

Bluehoop, Hertford Hoop, Hubble, Isleworth Ranger, Lymehoop, MYU, Stanley and 1QPRDK for their kind donations to this cause.

Well done fellas.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by brightonr
    Just so that everyone is aware, I have today transferred a total of £325.00 into Stan's trust account.

Bluehoop, Hertford Hoop, Hubble, Isleworth Ranger, Lymehoop, MYU, Stanley and 1QPRDK for their kind donations to this cause.

Well done fellas.
    Thank you for taking the time and running this competition. Also to everyone who took part.

This site will be donation £5 a month to Stan Bowels Trust.

Originally Posted by brightonr

Well done fellas.
    VERY WELL DONE to all!!
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Such a simple way of giving just a little bit back to a man that made my youth so memorable
    When all is said and done, what's left to talk about and what will we do?

Originally Posted by Bluehoop
    Such a simple way of giving just a little bit back to a man that made my youth so memorable
    The reason I started supporting QPR
    Hoops since 1973

Originally Posted by Bluehoop

To help out in his hour of need in some small way is the least I can do, after everything he gave to me as a kid. I totally hero-worshipped him.

I see that another 70's cult legend Frank Worthington has Alzheimer's too. Both he and our Stan were real genius's on the pitch

Very sad illness
    Hoops since 1973

Good write up and latest on Stan the Man

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...y-maverick-b/?