The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    But who will really pay £15million for someone when they can tap up during the season and pay nothing for?
    When the bids do come in, I can see them being around £8mill Max !!
    I reckon clubs will start around that may go for 10/12m tops , that's why i think a player plus will end up our better option , see clubs can just sit and wait and leave it so late as to unsettle the player , i'd rather we know straight away who is serious about him and get it done

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      But who will really pay £15million for someone when they can tap up during the season and pay nothing for?
      When the bids do come in, I can see them being around £8mill Max !!
      Liverpool paying £15mil for clyne who is in same position as Charlie so what's the difference??

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Liverpool paying £15mil for clyne who is in same position as Charlie so what's the difference??
        I thought it was 12m for Clyne and there's a massive difference , Clyne is a international player, played for his country through the age groups and is a full International, makes a massive difference in a fee being paid

Comment

• Agree to disagree win. Both players at right age neither established internationals both in last year of contract. If Liverpool prepared pay £12mil for player out of contract in 12months don't see why sides won't pay £15mil for Charlie if they really want him

Comment

• Is Liverpool done when it comes to getting strikers in? If not I would like us sell him for 10M + their young french CB and also a deal for Lambert; loan with an option to buy.

Thoughts?
            Last edited by Shania; 29-06-2015, 09:15 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Agree to disagree win. Both players at right age neither established internationals both in last year of contract. If Liverpool prepared pay £12mil for player out of contract in 12months don't see why sides won't pay £15mil for Charlie if they really want him
              Football just simply doesn't work like that mate, they will look at Austin as a gamble still , one season in the prem league rest of his career lower league and Clyne totally different, Charlie hasn't won a full cap yet

Comment

• Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                Football just simply doesn't work like that mate, they will look at Austin as a gamble still , one season in the prem league rest of his career lower league and Clyne totally different, Charlie hasn't won a full cap yet
                Thats another way of looking at it as well.
                Ok, Charlie did end up 4th Top Prem Scorer but would a club like Palace, West Ham spend £15million on a player in his last contract year, which would be a huge chunk of there transfer budget take that gamble?
                I thought Charlie would have featured in the friendly against Ireland but didn't happen.

I think he deserves to get his chance for England, but I don't think Hodgson rates him at all.
                Wonder if the clubs that are interested will maybe wait and see how he gets on back in the Championship again before making there move.

Comment

• West brom went all out to get demba ba and were going to pay ridiculous wages, its fallen through and now they going for austin. Reckon they will pish us around for a few weeks and unsettle him and nick him of is for ten to twelve,

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    West brom went all out to get demba ba and were going to pay ridiculous wages, its fallen through and now they going for austin. Reckon they will pish us around for a few weeks and unsettle him and nick him of is for ten to twelve,
                    Austin won't leave London for West Brom. If he goes anywhere it will be West Ham, Palace, Spurs or Southampton.

Comment

West brom went all out to get demba ba and were going to pay ridiculous wages, its fallen through and now they going for austin. Reckon they will pish us around for a few weeks and unsettle him and nick him of is for ten to twelve,
                      Saw a story saying they may turn to Lambert. He won't go to West Bromwich mate. Demba Ba went to China so he didn't have to.

Besides, his price is a minimum of £15m!!

Comment

• We will see. Bet he would go to west brom if they offered him what they were willing to pay demba ba, wouldnt have to move and they are an established premier league side. I know we love him, but west brom is about his standard, being their star player.

Comment

• If its WBA they 100% have to pay full fee given how they fannied around over odemwingie

Comment

• The transfer window for the PL opens tomorrow so maybe there will be some movement in the next week or two now.

Comment

We will see. Bet he would go to west brom if they offered him what they were willing to pay demba ba, wouldnt have to move and they are an established premier league side. I know we love him, but west brom is about his standard, being their star player.
                              Not sure about that....6 hours in a car every day would probably require a move

Comment

• Three hours to brum??? You need to halve that, three hours there and back.

Comment

Working...
                                X