The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Austin Auction begins...

...with a £10m bid from Saints: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...Charlie-Austin

Let's hope we respond in a similar manner to Liverpool in response to City's first bid for Sterling..... Double that or pi$$ off.

Worth noting that I dont think we will get £30m, but we need to set the bar high to get negotiations going.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Way too low but of all the teams he could go to I think Saints would be the least offensive!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Double that or pi$$ off..
        I was thinking just that

Comment

10mill is not enough. Tell them to pi$$ off.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think between £12-15m is fair enough. We are under pressure to sell because his contract will expire within one year and we should not lose him for nothing unlike Matt Phillips who we can keep for another year.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Happy that the first bid came in at 10mil. No one accepts the first bid. If it came in at 7-8mil I'd be concerned. £15mil + is fair imo

Comment

TF allow me to write the Fax response on behalf of the club

'F uck off Southampton and don't waste our time. Best Wishes QPRFC'

Comment

If the media reports are anything to go by this is very promising. With a starting bid at £10 mill and with possibly 5 clubs interested the eventual fee could be quite handy. We just need to play it right

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    If the media reports are anything to go by this is very promising. With a starting bid at £10 mill and with possibly 5 clubs interested the eventual fee could be quite handy. We just need to play it right
                    Which worries me, given our track record with transfers
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I could see Austin going to Southampton but no way for £10m

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                        I think between £12-15m is fair enough. We are under pressure to sell because his contract will expire within one year and we should not lose him for nothing unlike Matt Phillips who we can keep for another year.
                        I'd rather keep him and risk losing him for nothing rather that accept a low bid. Any replacement worth his salt will cost £5m at best and is unlikely to be as good. Austin is the best striker at QPR since Sir Les and the most natural scorer since Clive Allen in the 80s.

These type of strikers don’t come along often.

I would hope that QPR make a bid to sign Afobe from Wolves, but guess they will ask for at least £10M (unless he has a release clause below that figure) to replace Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Which worries me, given our track record with transfers
                          Me too mate. This is where Les can prove his worth as DOF

Comment

There is no saying he will be sold to the highest bidder if QPR accept the offer. The player will also decide, for arguments sake lets say he wants to stay in London and Chelsea offer £10m and WHU £12m. Southampton may have bid £18m and Newcastle £15m.

If we accept Southampton's offer Charlie may say no I don't want to go to them and the same to Newcastle. We then end up with a choice of accepting £12m and Charlie agreeing to go, then queue melt down that we didn't hold out for more and how the club is ####.

Comment

west ham refusing to spend 15 mil on austin

London24 Sport ✔ @London24Sport
                              #WHUFC are not interested in paying £15m for this man, according to reports.
                              Full story: http://bit.ly/1H5M5ih #QPR
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X