The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Time to play hard-ball with Levy for a change, instead of the other way round?...
    My mate seems to think they will go for the Korean playing in the German top flight. Got loads of pace. He likes Austin but they only play 1 up front and that is not really Austin's game. He seems to think the youngster from west from would of been played out wide hence why they won't bid higher
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Tottenham turn to Charlie Austin as they give up on Saido Berahino - http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a2921986.html
      Some of the bull that gets spouted during the transfer window is incredible.
      According to wikipedia, Berahino has played 72 times for WBA and scored 19 goals and Pulis values him at £25m.
      Meanwhile, Charlie has scored 18 goals in HALF as many games (That's TWICE the strike rate folks!) in the PL and Pulis says we have overvalued him at £15m!!!

What a joke he is.

Anyway, now that Spurs have waited for Charlie to top the Championship scoring chart the price should now be £20m - plus add ons.

Alternatively, £15m PLUS:
      * £100k for every goal he scores in the next 4 years (amounts to +£2m for us for each 20 goal season he has for them - which seems fair)
      * £50k for every assist he gets in the next 4 years
      * 25% sell-on clause.

We are finally in the driver's seat and Spurs are desperate for a proven goalscorer and we should squeeze that tight grunt Levy until he squeaks.
      Last edited by dsqpr; 28-08-2015, 12:09 AM.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• West Brom are asking £25m because they wasted £17m on Rondon and £10m last season on Ideye and both will probably score less goals combined than Rickie Lambert

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          West Brom are asking £25m because they wasted £17m on Rondon and £10m last season on Ideye and both will probably score less goals combined than Rickie Lambert
          Think Rondon will do fine. Been very consistent in the league. West Brom should read some books, rule number one of transfers: Never sign players who've just over performed at international events. Their Values are stupidly inflated and they aren't necessarily consistent in the long run.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            West Brom are asking £25m because they wasted £17m on Rondon and £10m last season on Ideye and both will probably score less goals combined than Rickie Lambert
            Mush I think you have nailed it with this post. WBA appear to want to make a profit from the deals hence trying talk down our asking price. They want sell Berhino high and buy his replacement cheap and bank the cash and I'm over the moon were not playing to their tune.

There is no way there is a £10mil difference between the two players let alone more then that. Well done Rangers you have held you bottle so far 5days to go

Comment

• Anybody else starting to think that we will keep hold of Austin. I know most deals are done on the last day, but normally being with the initial contact and discussion days before.

They seem to have all ruled themselves out one way or another and i just dont seem Tottenham buying him. Think the only clubs to panic buy will be those who have had a poor start and dont see any of those as realistic

probably pi$$ing in the wind with this one

Comment

• For all those thinking Spurs signing Heung-Min Son means they won't go for a striker are very far from the mark IMO. Son never has been a striker and won't be at Spurs, he's a winger or a No.10 playing just off a striker.

I would put money on Spurs being in the market for a striker come deadline day

Comment

• Son can and probably will play on the wing. Spurs def need another striker otherwise they're gonna burn Kane out. Berahino would be perfect as they're a similar age, both breaking into the England setup and could form a decent partnership and spur each other on.

Charlie is less expensive because he's older and has a year on his contract, it's not hard to understand. He could still do a job for Siurs though, and if they ever want to sell him they'll recoup most of the fee easily.

Comment

• Regardless of what anyone says. Barahino will end up at Spurs. If not now then in January.

Comment

• can watford be the big surprise charlie austin bidders

everybody has forgot about watford we have thought of palace and just about everyone else but this surprise transfer of
                      there brilliant 26 year old center half is for me very strange why would they let us have such a brilliant center half
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• You may actually be right Ted, a couple of their players plus some dosh in exchange for Charlie.

I f that was the case I would be fairly happy about that
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• No. Next question.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by très bon don View Post
                            Son can and probably will play on the wing. Spurs def need another striker otherwise they're gonna burn Kane out. Berahino would be perfect as they're a similar age, both breaking into the England setup and could form a decent partnership and spur each other on.

Charlie is less expensive because he's older and has a year on his contract, it's not hard to understand. He could still do a job for Siurs though, and if they ever want to sell him they'll recoup most of the fee easily.
                            But his quality is so significantly higher than Berahino (arguably spurs could end up with the most overrated english squad) that even the age difference shouldn't be such an issue, especially with the way austin plays. Personally believe that his style of football is ageless whereas berahino will pull a micheal owen and retire early because he'll lose his pace.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I thought he was going to bournemouth
                              R's

Comment

• No I think spurs
                                R's

Comment

Working...
                                X