McCarthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
    This HITC is a new news source that seems to be spouting a load of old b*llocks of late
    Dont click moody links like that or the chelsea scum one and the spurs one that bloke keeps posting , but if its mccarthy to palace it was in the sun yesterday .

Comment

Bloke on our forum reckons this is a done deal.
      Anyone heard similar?

Also apparently we no longer hold an interest in Charlie Austin, so you dont have to worry about seeing him in Red n Blue

Comment

Originally posted by palace-fan-in-peace View Post
        Anyone heard similar?

Also apparently we no longer hold an interest in Charlie Austin, so you dont have to worry about seeing him in Red n Blue
        Why would you replace Speroni with McCarthy, actually how old is Speroni?

I wouldn't mind if the club got the money we spent on him back, otherwise pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by palace-fan-in-peace View Post
          Anyone heard similar?

Wouldn't surprise me.

McCarthy came here highly rated but his performances when given a chance were mixed to say the least. If he's to develop I think McCarthy needs first team football. The talk is that Rob Green will knock back Chelsea in favour of first team football with us. If that's true then I really don't see McCarthy warming the bench in the Championship next season.

Comment

Sad to see McCarthy go,if he goes because he supposed to be one for the future. Green is 35 now and actually it's bit a different for a goalkeeper than outfield player,so Green can easily play good level 2-3 more seasons. Of course if Green get injured or suspended then we are trouble,cause we only have Lumley. We need more experienced number 2 than him

Comment

Would he pissed to see McCarthy leave. Plus Hendersey is quality, no point signing Alex

QPR will lose green end of the season & then be looking for a keeper. Pointless all round IMO
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I hope not. But we don't know maybe he wants to leave?! If He was told he was going to be no.1 here he would stay in sure of it.

Comment

He is the only contracted player I would be disappointed to see leave, the others are too good for us now so 3 or 4 will leave soon but that is expected. Green was my player of the season but McCarthy isn't going to sit on our bench just as much as he wasn't going to do it for Reading. His career has taken a step back with our relegation but if he was made No.1 this season he might stay.

However if PL clubs want him they it's likely he will go.

Comment

Would be madness to sell McCarthy and keep green.

Club needs to find their balls on this and McCarthy number 1 and tell green he might as well go and be number 2 at scum on 70 k a week and win some medals rather than be our number 2 on 30 k.

Comment

Palace want to sign him more than ever, bad business if we sell and keep green
                      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        Would be madness to sell McCarthy and keep green.

Club needs to find their balls on this and McCarthy number 1 and tell green he might as well go and be number 2 at scum on 70 k a week and win some medals rather than be our number 2 on 30 k.
                        Not convinced on that one mate. Greeno has been one of very few positives in recent seasons for me and I reckon he's got a couple of good years left in him. His attitude is also first class, many would have thrown their toys out of the pram after the Cesar saga but Green kept his mouth shut and worked hard to win his place back. If he wants to stay at the club it would be wrong of us to force him out. I've also been less than impressed by what I've seen of McCarthy in a QPR shirt, alright there is probably a lot more to come from him but I think Green is a better keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Not convinced on that one mate. Greeno has been one of very few positives in recent seasons for me and I reckon he's got a couple of good years left in him. His attitude is also first class, many would have thrown their toys out of the pram after the Cesar saga but Green kept his mouth shut and worked hard to win his place back. If he wants to stay at the club it would be wrong of us to force him out. I've also been less than impressed by what I've seen of McCarthy in a QPR shirt, alright there is probably a lot more to come from him but I think Green is a better keeper.
                          n
                          Make you right on that one , I think think there's a lot of wishful thinking regarding players by many posters

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            n
                            Make you right on that one , I think think there's a lot of wishful thinking regarding players by many posters
                            Yep I think he is the type of keeper that can be absolutely amazing in the odd game and that sticks in people's minds. He had one of those in the Prem against us a few years back.

However he tends to be quite inconsistent which is why he was the sub keeper at Reading behind Federici before we signed him.

Comment

To disregard McCarthy for green is just stupid. Green might have 2 years in him but McCarthy could be a mainstay for years to come depending on our success. Greens also on 30/40 k a week.
                              Greens been a very good keeper for us 100% but MCCarthy is the future. Look what scum had to do with cech and courtouis. Tough decision for the long term future of the club.
                              Anyone who saw McCarthy for reading will know what a keeper we have and his potential. He won't sit on the bench and the fact it's all premier league clubs wanting to sign him should highlight how highly thought of he is in the game.

Really winds me up that so many of our fans coat of a player after two or three appearances. Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Agree Greeno has been superb on and off the field. McCarthy was dodgy to say the least I thought

Comment

Working...
                                X