Richie Towell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richie Towell

Anyone else seen this guy? Looks like he's tearing the League Of Ireland a new one from centre midfield with Dundalk! Surely worth a punt at about £100k before Cardiff, Bolton and other sides said to be looking at him seal the deal? Obviously the standard of the league isn't anything great but it has produced some serious players..... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Towell
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Looking at his wiki page he doesn't seem to have done too well in Scotland and going to a LOI team then does signify that there wasn't much interest in him at the time. As you say doing well in Ireland doesn't really tell you a lot, standard is pretty poor.

Still,the money is small so depends on his temperament as to whether he can hack it in England.
    What sbout Ryan Manning, will he be part of Ramsey's plans this season?

Comment

I think he surprised a lot of people in Ireland however, he was only 19 when he left Celtic so couldn't be judged really! Certainly has had a bigger impact in LOI than the likes of David Meyler did and he went on to be pretty alright!

As for Manning, don't really know a whole lot about him, any LOI football I tend to keep an eye on is the Premier Division and Galway were First Division when Manning was there as far as I know!
      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Interesting to see him get a mention here! http://www.theguardian.com/football/...t-deals-summer

Comment

Looks like Towell signed for Brighton today, will be interested to see how this goes!

Comment

We looked at him in the summer but nothing seem to come of it, I think one-off the Gallen's rated him?
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Yeah we looked at him but reckoned he had no fight so we threw the towell in

Comment

We looked at him but ended up wiping the floor
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  We looked at him but ended up wiping the floor
                  Well as long as that's all you wiped Herts

Comment

Very good signing by them and cheap,good original post

Comment

Talking of Irish wonder kids wasn't there a striker a few years back that we didn't sign and everyone was up in arms about?

Also we have Ryan manning what's happened to him?

Comment

Yes shane long

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                          Talking of Irish wonder kids wasn't there a striker a few years back that we didn't sign and everyone was up in arms about?

Also we have Ryan manning what's happened to him?
                          Was that the postman from Northern Ireland Ollie tried to sign?

Manning plays regularly for the U21s. No sign of a breakthrough yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

yep thats the guy..

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

A postman from Ireland, names got to be Pat surely.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                              X