If Grego-Cox scores a 1st team goal this season I'll eat my cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Grego-Cox is the latest in the long line of a failed crop of youngsters at QPR since Chris Wright scrapped the youth set up to save money.

Only the late Ray Jones made any sort of impact on the 1st team.
    Haha another daft post from you yet now the youngsters are doing well & very promising stanis for manager
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Stanis did raise good point over two years on and in a rangers shirt he’s not had a sniff

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Stanis did raise good point over two years on and in a rangers shirt he’s not had a sniff
        Maybe but our youngsters are doing ok now though!

Comment

Agree pinks I’m chuffed with how they have come on but for me this lad has been here long enough to decide if he has future with us or not. Next to no game time in 2 1/4 years. Move him on it it’s only for the sake of his own career

Comment

Not good enough. Can't reproduce the form when playing with the grown up's. Couldn't even break into Newport last season so should be moved on. Eze has clear raw talent, this lad has shown none.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Not good enough. Can't reproduce the form when playing with the grown up's. Couldn't even break into Newport last season so should be moved on. Eze has clear raw talent, this lad has shown none.
              harsh but very accurate. Not even close to first team not seen anything which makes me raise eyebrows

Comment

RGC eyes loan move

QPR forward Reece Grego-Cox has told the club’s website he is interested in making another loan move.

The Hammersmith-born Grego-Cox, who turns 21 next month, made eight appearances while on loan at Newport last season and believes he might benefit from another spell away from Loftus Road.

He said: “I want to play for QPR but what’s more important for me now is to be playing first-team football. If that means going out on loan, then that’s something that I’m interested in doing to help me develop. I know I need to play competitive football consistently at the age I am now and at this stage of my career.”

Grego-Cox scored a hat-trick for the Republic of Ireland Under-21s last week and also netted for QPR’s development side in a 5-4 win at Charlton on Monday.

“It has been a great couple of weeks for me. Going away internationally and scoring a hat-trick, and then coming back and scoring the winner for the 23s in a very exciting game, it’s been great.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...eyes-loan-move

Comment

Yes, that was the point.

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Maybe but our youngsters are doing ok now though!
                  True, but they were not in 2015 when I posted that comment and let's see how they do when they get a chance in the 1st team before we can say if they are going to make the grade.

Agree pinks I’m chuffed with how they have come on but for me this lad has been here long enough to decide if he has future with us or not. Next to no game time in 2 1/4 years. Move him on it it’s only for the sake of his own career

Yes, he has been around a few years now, and did not do anything at Newport, but perhaps this season he will begin to make a name for himself somewhere in the Football League, either at QPR or on loan again.

Comment

Couldn't even break into Newport last season so should be moved on.
                    Thought he played a couple of games then got a knee injury which meant he came back to LR early ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Thought he played a couple of games then got a knee injury which meant he came back to LR early ?
                      No, the article states he made 8 appearances.

Comment

No, the article states he made 8 appearances.
                        Ah, yeah - just looked it up. 8 games at Newport in midfield.

Useful loan for a striker then....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Ah, yeah - just looked it up. 8 games at Newport in midfield.

Useful loan for a striker then....
                          where did it state he played in midfield?

Comment

“I was annoyed because I hadn’t scored,” he said. “And if I hadn’t got the winner, in my eyes, I would have had a bad game.
                            “I always think that way. If I don’t score, I’ve not played well. Even if I’ve actually done well or maybe got an assist, that’s how I see it.
                            “I’m a striker and I want to score goals. I will always have that mentality.”

Cox needs a chance.

Comment

where did it state he played in midfield?
                              Played as a winger for them. Next loan needs to be with a team who will play him upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                                “I was annoyed because I hadn’t scored,” he said. “And if I hadn’t got the winner, in my eyes, I would have had a bad game.
                                “I always think that way. If I don’t score, I’ve not played well. Even if I’ve actually done well or maybe got an assist, that’s how I see it.
                                “I’m a striker and I want to score goals. I will always have that mentality.”

Cox needs a chance.
                                Like his attitude there, thats what you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X