Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    i would keep him on that money
    I think that's around double the Championship average West. For me that's still too much for Barton.

Some averages from Nov 2014:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...s-pockets.html
    Last edited by dsqpr; 02-06-2015, 06:15 AM.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
      Reportedly been offered £20k a week.Worth keeping for that compared to the £70k he was allegedly on?
      My thoughts exactly. He has played two seasons at this level and been promoted twice. QPR should have offered him a 20k pw deal too.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
        Hope it (or he) doesn't come back to bite us ....

I still quite rate Barton and for the right wages I would have kept him... How many of our current side showed the passion he did (albeit sometimes misguided) ...

I think he had actually calmed down considerably and would have been an asset to us in the championship..

Other than clint - not many others of that Ilk

And his replacement is ?????
        My feelings too. If he's going to play in the Championship I'd rather it was for us. One of the fittest players we had and you need 90 mins out of the workers. Criminal sending off at Hull though.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
          If we are trying to bring in a new ethos/discipline etc he has to go, he done ok on the pitch but represented everything that is/was wrong down at Rangers. Big money,lack of respect shown at times,the circus that surrounds him on social media.
          I can't see him playing for 20k at Leeds
          Agree with all of that!

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            I think that's around double the Championship average West. For me that's still too much for Barton.

Some averages from Nov 2014:
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...s-pockets.html
            I saw article last time we were in div that 20k was going rate

Comment

People dont want Barton, hes not good enough, same with tom carroll. Is messi and ronaldo coming to the bush and i aint heard or something?

Comment

barton was no clint but he was no bosingwa, traore , tarbs either.

He done a good job for us in his own peculiar way so i cant understand why people dislike him so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                  barton was no clint but he was no bosingwa, traore , tarbs either.

He done a good job for us in his own peculiar way so i cant understand why people dislike him so much.
                  You seriously don't know why people don't like Barton?

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                    I know hes mouthy, but so what. And yeah he got sent off this season, but so did the chief and nobody berates him like they do barton.

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                      I could not care less what he does off the field TBH, on the field he has been OK, not great but not rubbish either.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                        I could not care less what he does off the field TBH, on the field he has been OK, not great but not rubbish either.
                        Fair enough, but it's surely not too much of a stretch of the imagination to see that some do, and coupled with his moments of idiocy on the pitch, that may be the reason we don't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          I know hes mouthy, but so what. And yeah he got sent off this season, but so did the chief and nobody berates him like they do barton.
                          If he was just mouthy, I'd have less of a problem with him tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            I saw article last time we were in div that 20k was going rate
                            For us quite possibly although in our case it sounds much too low!

This is from the article (it is for 2013-14 season):

AVERAGE SALARIES IN WORLD LEAGUES
                            Source: Daily Mail

1. English Premier League: £2.2m

2. Germany: £1.5m

3. Italy: £1.3m

4. Spain: £1.2m

5. France: £1m

6. Russia: 0.9m

7. Brazil 0.6m

8. English Championship: 0.5m
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I am surprised that we let him go, without discussing what he would be prepared to accept as wages. Joey knew he wasn't going to be offered the same contract, but it does not seem that this was even discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                People dont want Barton, hes not good enough, same with tom carroll. Is messi and ronaldo coming to the bush and i aint heard or something?
                                Barton I would have kept on lower terms but Tom Carroll wasnt a great success first time was he?

Comment

Working...
                                X