Your favourite season following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite season following QPR

Warnock promotion season for me. Felt in invincible that season everywhere we went you knew we had a chance of getting something

Buzzing for every away game as it dawned promotion was on and the equaliser at Derby from two nil down I will never forget think still got briuses on shins from rushing down when we scored think ended up about 10rows from where I was supposed to be

Great season

Oh that's easy, 75/76.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

1982/83 promotion season, only missed one game home and away, happy happy days!!

Comment

92/93 some cracking home games, Sinton/SirLes were immense

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Warnock promotion season for me. Felt in invincible that season everywhere we went you knew we had a chance of getting something

Buzzing for every away game as it dawned promotion was on and the equaliser at Derby from two nil down I will never forget think still got briuses on shins from rushing down when we scored think ended up about 10rows from where I was supposed to be

Great season
          Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
          These two stick out most, but if I had to pick one then you can't beat Gerry's team.

Comment

1966-67 season when we were Div 3 champions with most goals scored and least goals conceded and won the League Cup Final 3-2 against First Div WBA in the same season.Nothing else comes close.

Comment

well

well my happiest moment ever was the 24 th of may against derby

the 1967-68 was good

the 70s was good the great stan bowles gerry francis dave thomas etc etc etc

the early eighties were good the great venables team was amazing to watch

the great gerry francis team were fab

but all these memories fall into insignificance,WHEN COMPARED TO WEARIN G A FOX ON MY HEAD AND LEADING THE MARCH TO WEMBLEY AND NEXT SEASON WHEN WE WIN
              THE TITLE AND THE LEAGUE CUP I WILL ONCE MORE WEAR THE FOX
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Good thread.

For me either the play off final at the millennium season or the promotion winning season both under Ollie. To have a team with a fair few QPR fans in the side and a real sense of togetherness was a great feeling. Went to loads of new grounds and had fantastic days out following us.

Players like Gallen, Bircham, Cook, Rowlands, Ainsworth, Shittu, Day, Bignot gave their all for the cause. A far cry to what we have been served up the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                  What a combination those two were hey TBlock. Sinton a proper out and out winger, no fancy stuff just get to the by line and deliver telling cross and Sir Les who had pace, strength, ability in the air and a decent finisher and a great enthusiasm for the game

Comment

85/86 mainly due to knocking scum out of league cup at their place and finally taking proper/decent turn out in the away end. 2nd leg semi final draw at Anfield (LFC did double that year BTW so we stopped them doing treble) remains my favourite away trip to this day.
                    Really peeves me that club don't take cups seriously anymore; I know early rounds are dull but blimey the latter stages really get you revved up (obviously if you're under 25ish you'll have to take my word on that!!!).

Comment

1990 my old man started to take me. 1992 - 95 were great years. Since then only Warnocks promotion was a season that I thought wow, we have a team. 90's the likes of Sir Les, Trev, Impey, Sinton, Bardsley, Wilson, Parker, Jan Stejskal, Macca, etc. Then recently seeing Adel on song that year, are the players that I will always remember and tell the kids about.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

75/76 was my first ever season as a 9 year old - and what an introduction to QPR that was! As a kid that standard was set for the entire season, and so I was hooked and that entire team become instant idols. Naturally I thought that was the norm and every season to follow was going to be just like that.

...and I've been waiting ever since!

Comment

2010/11 promotion winning season under Warnock for me. We were outstanding that year and the fact that I had been expecting another mid-table finish given the dross we'd watched in the previous seasons made it extra special!
                          "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

following for over 50 years may highs and lows and memorable for one reason or another ,but the last 2 in the Prem have been so boring
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

March 31st 1986

Comment

Working...
                              X