No announcement yet.

Pre-Season Fixtures 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R's to host Atalanta prior to the big kick-off ...

QPR'S final friendly of the pre-season campaign will now be played against Serie A side Atalanta.

Chris Ramsey's side will play host to the Italian outfit on Sunday 2nd August at Loftus Road - kick-off 12.45pm.

Rangers were originally due to play Chievo Verona, but - as QPR's Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained to www.qpr.co.uk - the late change has been forced on the club owing to the failings of their tour promoter.

Ferdinand said: “We've encountered a few issues in pre-season with our tour promoter and the proposed fixture against Chievo has been cancelled as a result.

“The club will be pursuing the problems we’ve had with the promoter in due course, but in the meantime, we're delighted Atalanta have agreed to play us and it's a fixture we’re really looking forward to ahead of the big kick-off.”

Atalanta, who are managed by former Lazio coach Edoardo Reja, finished 17th in the Italian top-flight last season.

Supporters who have already purchased tickets for the August 2nd friendly should note that their tickets will remain valid. Tickets will go back on sale on Monday from 10.00am HERE

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...0A56JXAGEkk.99

Comment

I am happy that Atalanta is coming for this pre-season friendly - much better team than Chievo. I am sure it will be a good game for both teams.

Comment

I like Serie A so I'm pleased it's another Italian side. Atalanta had a poor season last time but overall they're a much bigger club than Chievo.

Comment

German Denis from Atalanta is a proven goalscorer, so it will not be a bad idea to look at him as a potential target.

Comment

Lost at home to Swindon today.

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/STFC/Ka...PR-threat.aspx

Comment

Working...
            X