• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Season Fixtures 2015

Friday 29th May 2015

QPR ANNOUNCE PRE SEASON FIXTURES

Rangers set for pre-season training camp in Italy in July

QPR will travel to Stresa in Italy for a pre-season training camp in July.

Chris Ramsey’s squad – who will return to Harlington for pre-season training on Monday 29th June – will play three fixtures on the nine day tour.

The R’s will kick-off their pre-season campaign against Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donetsk at the Stadio Carlo Pedroli on Saturday 11th July, prior to locking horns with this season’s Champions League quarter-finalists AS Monaco three days later at the Novarello Training Centre in Novarro.

The camp will conclude with a clash against Saudi outfit Al Ittihad also at the Novarello Training Centre on July 17th.

On returning to the UK, Rangers will play Scottish Premier League side Dundee United at a neutral venue – The Hive, home of Barnet – on Wednesday 22nd July.

An away fixture against Terry Butcher’s Newport County at Rodney Parade follows on Sunday 26th July, prior to a final friendly at Loftus Road, versus AC Chievo Verona a week later.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, told www.qpr.co.uk: “Pre-season, as always, will be hugely important as we prepare for the new campaign, and we’ve managed to get a really decent schedule in place.

“The Italy training camp will be paramount for Chris and his staff to get to work with the players.

“We’ve arranged three good, competitive fixtures in Italy, before we come back and play three more in the UK, culminating with a friendly in front of our own supporters at Loftus Road, which – during my time as a player – I always thought was incredibly important ahead of the season starting.”

QPR pre-season fixtures:

Saturday 11th July – QPR v Verona Stars - Stadio Comunale di Dormelletto - 17.00 pm (local time)

Tuesday 14th July – QPR v AS Monaco – Stadio E.Brunod Chatillon – 17.00pm (local time)

Friday 17th July – QPR v Al Ittihad – Novarello Training Centre – 15.45pm (local time)

Wednesday 22nd July – QPR v Dundee United – The Hive – 19.30pm

Sunday 26th July – Newport County v QPR – Rodney Parade – 14.00pm

Sunday 2nd August – QPR v Atalanta – Loftus Road – 12.45pm

Decent preseason schedule

Nice trip to Italy for the lads to face a couple Champions league sides.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...s-2472822.aspx
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Really impressed with that - good tests and proper,preparation for the season. Really are learning our lessons.

Comment

what's going on? what's suddenly wrong with pub sides in cornwall? or german third division strugglers? or thai/malaysian second division teams?

Comment

Quality. Might try get a few days off and fly out there. Never been to Italy

Comment

Barnet and Newport will be new grounds so will try and do them

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              my thoughts exactly
              Rangers Til I Die
              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

At last, a pre season fixture list that will test the players fitness and ability unlike the last 4 years.
                I would ideally like a few more added, so that they can have 2 games in 2 days and split the squads so that the majority of players can play 60 minutes or more. This would give a more realistic feel to the matches unlike the all change at half time of seasons gone by.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Barnet is reasonably close to me so that will be a definite game for me to attend.

Comment

Italy fixtures challenging, UK fixtures not so. But overall streets ahead of what we've played against the last three holidays.

Comment

Good set of fixtures and will give us a great opportunity to develop fitness against the better teams then tactics and patterns of play against the lesser teams. Genuinely excited about the new season

Comment

Have w ever been this organised with quality friendlies before? Club is hardly recognisable at the moment.

Comment

Would love them to slot a game in against Luton or Oxford

Comment

I'm in South of France in July and am gutted monaco game is not at their stadium as i am quite close to it, I checked the train times to the venue in Italy and its 8 hours each way and involves overnight stay , can't see the wif letting me slip away for 2 days when we are on holiday ! Monaco have a friendly at home on 10th July but opponents not yet confirmed, gutted it's not us but will proberly go anyway. As some of you may know I'm in exile up here in Scotland and the dundee United fans will down in good numbers and a few are already booked ! Why is this game at Barnet ?

Comment

I'm gutted the Dundee United fixture isn't in Dundee......

Comment

Working...
                              X