No announcement yet.

New captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

henry seems the obvious choice but it depends how much Ramsey expects to play him. If Ramsey has plans to keep Caulker then it could be him. A year in the championship could do him good as he's still only 23

Comment

Henry is too passive -- need a captain who's a motivator and a lead-by-example kind of guy. Hill the best choice; if not starting would default to Onouha. Both bets off if Charlie stays; may be the inducement CA might need to stay put for one more season.

Comment

Onuoha, but only if he plays at CB, as he's absolute cr@p at RB, loses his confidence and falls to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
          Henry is too passive -- need a captain who's a motivator and a lead-by-example kind of guy. Hill the best choice; if not starting would default to Onouha. Both bets off if Charlie stays; may be the inducement CA might need to stay put for one more season.
          if the captaincy was capable of convincing Charlie to stay we would have given it to him 6 months ago. I see what you're saying with henry but he did captain wolves to promotion and while they stayed up the 1st 2 seasons (interestingly the captaincy was given to Roger Johnson the season they went down). That shows he knows what it takes to lead a team out of this division at least

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            if the captaincy was capable of convincing Charlie to stay we would have given it to him 6 months ago. I see what you're saying with henry but he did captain wolves to promotion and while they stayed up the 1st 2 seasons (interestingly the captaincy was given to Roger Johnson the season they went down). That shows he knows what it takes to lead a team out of this division at least
            Interesting point; didn't know that piece of history re Henry. But the biggest decision Les, TF and CR will make is the style and attitude of the team they're rebuilding. IMHO, it would be faster-paced, and more blood-and-guts. CR is a relatively laid back motivator by all appearances; Henry seems much the same. For my money, let's go for something more.

Comment

Are the club still not waiting on Henry to exercise the option for another year in his contract? I don't think its cut and dry that he will be playing with us next season

Comment

Club Captain Clint - Wouldnt give the captaincy to any of our existing 'kept' players

So hopefully it goes to someone who comes in.

Comment

Please not Caulker, the guy's awful. Agree Hill is the only real option, maybe Henry if he features next season, maybe Fer if we can convince him to stay?

Comment

Caulker
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Matt Phillips

Comment

Caulker won't be here for next season.....

Comment

I reckon we will bring in someone who is captain material and use to the rigours of the championship. The fact that we are all stumped who should be prob means Ramsey and les are looking to bring someone in.

The only other option I can see is caulker as he would be a mainstay in the first 11 where it could be argued Henry will be a squad player.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Caulker won't be here for next season.....
                            Doubt there is anyone as stupid as to buy him as us out there.

Comment

bring in a midfield general type and give it to him , clint to old hopefully wont be called on to often , neds not vocal enough

Comment

Hill should be nothing but a backup player at best, we need to improve the side and move forwards. Henry should also get more game time than Hill.

Captain should be someone who will play week in and week out, I think we should wait just before pre season starts to decide this.

Comment

Working...
                                X