• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Fantastic news if true.
    It's definitely true mate:

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Fantastic news if true. Delighted we have brought in a young up and coming talent who I believe was in the league 1 team of the year.
      Great start and hope there is more to come including the gladwin lad.

Phillips luongo faurlin new winger - not a bad midfield
      Yeah he was in League 1 team of year. Doubt faurlin will be our 1st choice CM next year, well i hope not with his recent injuries.

Comment

Are half the people on this MB in some sort of black-hole and 30minutes behind the rest of us?

Comment

Just seen his goals on the Official. Also noticed a rather large skillful left winger setting up some of his goals..............

Comment

Hopefully can tie up Gladwin also

Comment

I like it a lot. If Ramsey's going to succeed he needs players who will buy into his vision, and this guy clearly does.

Comment

Thursday 28th May 2015

QPR SIGN AUSSIE INTERNATIONAL MASSIMO LUONGO

Rangers complete signing of highly-rated Swindon Town midfielder, Massimo Luongo

QPR have completed the signing of Swindon Town midfielder Massimo Luongo for an undisclosed fee.
                The Australian international has penned a three year contract at Loftus Road.

Luongo enjoyed a stellar season in 2014/15, contributing six goals and eight assists as Town reached the League One Play-Off Final, only to succumb to defeat against Preston North End at Wembley. He was also voted into the PFA League One team of the year by his peers.

QPR Head Coach, Chris Ramsey, is delighted with the addition of the 22-year-old playmaker, commenting: “Mas is a player I know a lot about having played a part in his development at Spurs.

“He brings quality on the ball; the ability to link up play all across the pitch; and his goals and assists record at club and international level speaks volumes for a creative midfielder.

“As with any young player, there are areas of his game that need improving, but knowing him as I do, I know he will embrace the learning curve of playing for us in the Championship.

“I'm confident he will flourish at Loftus Road.”

Luongo, who played a pivotal part in the Socceroos’ triumph at the Asian Cup in January, scoring in the final on the way to being named player of the tournament, is relishing the move to Loftus Road, commenting: “Regular football is important to me. That’s why QPR appealed to me. I’m at my best when I’m playing week in, week out – I’m all for playing as many games as possible in a season.

“The step up to the Championship is going to be a challenge, but I’ll always back myself.
                “I sat down with the manager (Chris Ramsey), and the big thing for me was where he wants to go with the club. Also, how he wants me to be involved attracted me. He sold it to me really well.

“I never want to rest on my laurels – I always want to push on. I’m very excited to now be a QPR player. I can’t wait to start pre-season and get my head down.”

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    50 seconds in.

I like the goal at 26secs as well, not that that will be his number 1 job.
                    Last edited by bakes8; 28-05-2015, 03:02 PM. Reason: Second Sentance

Comment

Good early stuff. Well done CR

Comment

He's got good feet and balance with an eye for goal. Looks promising

Comment

Sounds promising. No nothing of him, so will wait to see him play before judging. Let's hope he is decent.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Seems a good young signing few more pls lets sure up and improve the pace of the defence now

Comment

What a great couple of days

Barton and SWP shown the door
                              Reasonable ST prices
                              now signing a young player who will see QPR as a step up

Brilliant news
                              We Are The People.....

Comment

V happy with that.

Just seen Tottenham had a 50% sell on of luongo....think that's why its a combined fee with gladwin so that Swindon wouldn't lose as much money.

luongo definately ramsey's main man

Comment

Working...
                                X