J E T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For every Charlie Austin there is probably five Sammy Koejoes

I personally think down the years and in recent history we have been very lucky and spoilt with the quality of strikers we have had so lets hope that trend continues

Comment

Bristol City fan in peace!

I don't often post on such subjects but given I got a few ties to QPR and some of the comments I have seen on here i thought I'd give some pass what I can on about JET

Firstly about his attitude/laziness some of you have questioned none of which while at city appeared to true - Off the pitch he was a role model and contributed to many chairty/community projects around the city whilst being patient last year even when not playing; in regards to being lazy on the pitch, He really isn't, if you are expecting him to run for every ball then stop, he just isn't that type of player, he can use both feet and head the ball (albeit not the best) best suited to the typical "number 10 role" however on his day was head and shoulders above any other player in league 1. Although some city fans may argue differently he had more consistent performances than inconsistent however He didn't suit Cotterill's playstyle meaning that he wasn't deemed the starter for agard to play off hand in hand with Wilbraham having a good season with Matt Smith when on loan being on fire.

There were/are rumours that Ipswich were paying part of his wages for the X amount of years left on his contract with them when moving to us thus meaning a renewal with promotion would of been just to much for us to offer him, however as stated this is a rumour. If you sign him up I think you would be signing a more rounded/matured JET than you likely last saw. He easily has the ability to cut it at the top end of the Championship just because he has come from League 1 means little.

EDIT : All the best in the upcoming season!

Comment

Originally posted by cityfarandwide View Post
        Bristol City fan in peace!

I don't often post on such subjects but given I got a few ties to QPR and some of the comments I have seen on here i thought I'd give some pass what I can on about JET

Firstly about his attitude/laziness some of you have questioned none of which while at city appeared to true - Off the pitch he was a role model and contributed to many chairty/community projects around the city whilst being patient last year even when not playing; in regards to being lazy on the pitch, He really isn't, if you are expecting him to run for every ball then stop, he just isn't that type of player, he can use both feet and head the ball (albeit not the best) best suited to the typical "number 10 role" however on his day was head and shoulders above any other player in league 1. Although some city fans may argue differently he had more consistent performances than inconsistent however He didn't suit Cotterill's playstyle meaning that he wasn't deemed the starter for agard to play off hand in hand with Wilbraham having a good season with Matt Smith when on loan being on fire.

There were/are rumours that Ipswich were paying part of his wages for the X amount of years left on his contract with them when moving to us thus meaning a renewal with promotion would of been just to much for us to offer him, however as stated this is a rumour. If you sign him up I think you would be signing a more rounded/matured JET than you likely last saw. He easily has the ability to cut it at the top end of the Championship just because he has come from League 1 means little.

EDIT : All the best in the upcoming season!
        Top post appreciated

Plus is b loody refreshing to have opposition fans come on talking sense and with a bit of respect Welcome!! best of luck next season

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Remember when Chaz was a league 1 player? Remember when he was a non league player?
          Yep Chaz scored 31 in 54 games in League 1. Whereas out man JET's record is more like 24 in 82. Chalk & cheese.

Again, no issue whatsoever with scouring League 1 for players, I am all for it, but surely we only want the top end of players at that level, not the ones released by their clubs?

IF we sign him, won't get on his back before he has kicked a ball (can't stand people doing that) but I have to admit I will be underwhelmed.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Yep Chaz scored 31 in 54 games in League 1. Whereas out man JET's record is more like 24 in 82. Chalk & cheese.

Again, no issue whatsoever with scouring League 1 for players, I am all for it, but surely we only want the top end of players at that level, not the ones released by their clubs?

IF we sign him, won't get on his back before he has kicked a ball (can't stand people doing that) but I have to admit I will be underwhelmed.
            Yep, same here mate.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The difference between League1 and the Championship isn't as much as the difference between the Championship and the PL. If Leicester with mostly Championship players have survived, then good league 1 players can definitely do very well in the Championship.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

To be fair, he has a bit about him. Feet are a joke for a bigman! For me on a free trnasfer it's a no brainer. Much better than what we have attacking wise if Charlie, Adel, Fer all go as expected.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Wasn't JET at Cardiff the season we got promoted? Class act then....... Looks like he's put a bit of timber on, but on a free and not stupid wages would be a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                    To be fair, he has a bit about him. Feet are a joke for a bigman! For me on a free trnasfer it's a no brainer. Much better than what we have attacking wise if Charlie, Adel, Fer all go as expected.

That's my view on it. We can't just focus on the first 11. The whole squad needs refreshing and we need some depth and different players for different games or who can come on and change a game. JET on a free is good business and another good player.

Just don't expect every player we sign to be a world beater or first 11 player.

Comment

Can we trust fitness guy Serrant to get this guy's weight down to a reasonable level?

Guess not.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattyRangers;1420303]Yep Chaz scored 31 in 54 games in League 1. Whereas out man JET's record is more like 24 in 82. Chalk & cheese.

IF we sign him, won't get on his back before he has kicked a ball (can't stand people doing that) but I have to admit I will be underwhelmed.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen him play, MattyRangers? I Just wonder.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Wasn't JET at Cardiff the season we got promoted? Class act then....... Looks like he's put a bit of timber on, but on a free and not stupid wages would be a no brainer.
                          Was that no the Bothroyd who we ended up signing not JET

Comment

Yes shania I have, albeit a couple of years back now.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                              Have to agree with you and maidstone_hoop, plus wages should be very low and we need squad players.

Comment

Personally think league 1 is his level but will be happy to be proved wrong should we sign him.

If we are resigned to looking at players on a free though then Jermaine Beckford has to be on the list above Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                                X