No announcement yet.

Jordan Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People said the same about Ricky Lambert when he was banging the goals in the lower leagues

Comment

Originally posted by e8 ranger View Post
      People said the same about Ricky Lambert when he was banging the goals in the lower leagues
      Very very good point! There's only every going to be 1 way to find out if anyone's good enough....

on the Ricky Lambert subject I always said I would've had him start the WC from day I.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        "Untried in the Premier League"....so what? Countless players have been successful outside of the PL and proved to be successful when they got there.
        Hmmmm... I think the point that's relevant is the flipsid of that coin! There have been plenty that haven't done it in the prem.

As for "there's only one way to find out" comments, that might be viable if it was a player with a modest fee, but not when the fee is ludicrously inflated as in the case of Rhodes..... I'll say again, Remy £8m, Rhodes who's never played a decent standard £10m...... I don't think so.

Comment

Yeah but you didn't have to spunk 10 mill on.Lambert.

Rhides at 10-12 mill is a huge gamble. He could smash it or flop no one really knows. Fact is you could pick up a semi.decent striker from the premier for the same dollar or even less than Blackburn s valuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            "Untried in the Premier League"....so what? Countless players have been successful outside of the PL and proved to be successful when they got there.
            How many of them have cost 10 or 12 million?

Comment

Jordan Rhodes

sell charlie austin for 20 millioon and buy antonio of forest and jorden rhodes ,gives us a highly prolific goal machine
              these two when put with matty phillips gives us the goals

with the two swindon midfielders we have a top five finishing side at the very least or maybe even an automatic
              promo choice

what do you guys say is it all good
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I would take Antonio and Rhodes most definitely. Would bang em in at this level.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

So Rhodes and Grego-Cox up front for the entire season.........better pull another striker out of the hat before that plan gets the ok!

Comment

Getting 20 mil for Charlie will be the 1st problem out of that lot

Comment

Was browsing the Swindon forums for their thoughts on the 2 lads we are looking at and noticed this thread about Charlie when he was on trial with them. http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=35748.0

Came across this comment which I chucked at - ahhh hindsight

"I can't quite comprehend the 'add-on' regarding any possible appearance at international level. Surely, if he had that much potential he would have already been snapped up by a bigger club. So, has AF thrown that clause in as a sweetener to keep the deal at 50k, or is the Poole chairman just plain dim ?"

The Poole chairman is one smart cookie! Hope he gets a nice windfall

Comment

need a big squad of half decent players to get promoted out of the champ. We might scrape together a decent starting 11 for next season but it will take us a minimum of 3 years to build a squad of 22 players capable of getting promoted out of the champ.

Comment

well

well thats not nessecary true harry boy blasted his way out of the division on the back of goal supremo charlie
                          austin,brentford only got into the play offs because of andre gray
                          football is all about goals,and basically we didnt get enough goals last season because redknapp played
                          diabolical defensive crap,

trust me pizza express we will go up if we buy rhodes and antonio,thats a raging certainty
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                            football is all about goals,and basically we didnt get enough goals last season because redknapp played
                            diabolical defensive crap
                            Or because he only had 1 proper striker !!?!

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                              trust me pizza express we will go up if we buy rhodes and antonio,thats a raging certainty

Pizza express. You on the old speckled hen already Ted? The sun is out so wouldnt blame you

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                Was browsing the Swindon forums for their thoughts on the 2 lads we are looking at and noticed this thread about Charlie when he was on trial with them. http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=35748.0

Came across this comment which I chucked at - ahhh hindsight

"I can't quite comprehend the 'add-on' regarding any possible appearance at international level. Surely, if he had that much potential he would have already been snapped up by a bigger club. So, has AF thrown that clause in as a sweetener to keep the deal at 50k, or is the Poole chairman just plain dim ?"

The Poole chairman is one smart cookie! Hope he gets a nice windfall
                                So you hope poole get a big chunk of our money, when all people do is moan about how much 'debt' we are in? Dont get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X