Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released players

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/hi...d-2470278.aspx

CLINT Hill and Alejandro Faurlin will be offered new deals to stay at Loftus Road this summer.

The duo, whose current contracts are due to expire at the end of June, are in preliminary discussions with the club about extending their stay in W12.

In addition, Karl Henry has until June 30th to exercise his contractual option for a further year.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm six first team players are set to leave QPR.

Brian Murphy, Richard Dunne, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joey Barton and Bobby Zamora will all depart when their contracts expire on June 30th.

Wow. Surprised/not surprised really..

Whats out squad looking like now then?

Comment

Hill as a player

Hope Henry takes up that option, think he will do a good job for us in the middle next year - we need a decent sized squad for the long season.

I love Faurlin & glad he his being given a shot, but taking the sentiment away, I can't help but think it is only a matter of time before his knees go again.

No tears shed for anybody released, but I think we may try & negotiate a new contract with Joey on reduced wages.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/hi...d-2470278.aspx

CLINT Hill and Alejandro Faurlin will be offered new deals to stay at Loftus Road this summer.

The duo, whose current contracts are due to expire at the end of June, are in preliminary discussions with the club about extending their stay in W12.

In addition, Karl Henry has until June 30th to exercise his contractual option for a further year.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm six first team players are set to leave QPR.

Brian Murphy, Richard Dunne, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joey Barton and Bobby Zamora will all depart when their contracts expire on June 30th.
        If it's a player/coach contract for Hill and a pay-as-you-play for Faurlin then I'm good with that. Only one on the released list that I'm a little surprised about is Richard Dunne, would have done a job for a year in the Championship I reckon!

Comment

If you take the sentiment out of it and remove rose tints, I'm not sure that Alejandro and Clint being offered yet another deal makes any sense at all.

Could be earn as you play but even that is looking back not forward.

I thought this was supposed to be year zero. Clearly not.

There is no way we could have justified Dunne and Hill. I would have let both go. This is supposed to be a beginning.

Comment

In addition, loanees Mauricio Isla, Niko Kranjcar, Eduardo Vargas and Mauro Zarate have all returned to their parent clubs.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Wow! Tbh I'm quite happy with all of this.

Comment

Yes, Barton gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  If it's a player/coach contract for Hill and a pay-as-you-play for Faurlin then I'm good with that. Only one on the released list that I'm a little surprised about is Richard Dunne, would have done a job for a year in the Championship I reckon!
                  Dunne and Rio gone, Hill back-up so I guess that means we keep Caulker and Onuoha? I'd be over the moon if that's true.

Comment

I'll miss Bobby, but it was his time. Good riddance to the loanees and SWP. Barton can stick around IMO if he takes a pay cut, he's a good championship player. Much respect to Rio and Dunne as footballers but it's time for them to go. Now sell off Traore and Hoilett and we can start making sure Phillips and possibly Fer stick around.

Comment

Business getting done super early, impressive from the club so far

Comment

Hey Connor, hoping that all the bad c rap down your way lately has affected you & your family - terrible floods to the south of you & the bike wars last week have really put your part of the world on the map.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                          Yes, Barton gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Not so. Are set.... Negotiations continuing. So pleased for Clint.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Brian Murphy, Richard Dunne,Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joey Barton and Bobby Zamora will all depart when their contracts expire on June 30th.
                            Best news I've read on here in a long time. We are finally learning. Clint is the sort of veteran we should be building our future talent around, not Joey frigging Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Not so. Are set.... Negotiations continuing. So pleased for Clint.
                              Meatloaf once told me that 1 outa 2 aint bad eh 77?

Comment

Working...
                              X