QPR confident of Rob Green staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR confident of Rob Green staying

QPR are growing in confidence that goalkeeper Rob Green can be persuaded to remain at the club.

Chelscum want Green as back-up to Thibaut Courtois, with Petr Cech expected to leave Stamford Bridge this summer.

Read more: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-10278503.html

Done well for us but surely it's now time for McCarthy, or are we just into ruining this kids career?

Comment

Can't see him wanting to finish his career on the bench but I also don't believe he will stay.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Done well for us but surely it's now time for McCarthy, or are we just into ruining this kids career?
        Yes, we are. Taking the absolute p*ss out of the lad if Green stays on. Thanks for your service Rob, but it's time for some fresh blood in nets.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          Yes, we are. Taking the absolute p*ss out of the lad if Green stays on. Thanks for your service Rob, but it's time for some fresh blood in nets.
          Always talk sense Surrey, have a 26p Polish beer on me.

Comment

I hope if any of our better players are persuaded to stay, the persuasion is not in the form of big wages yet again.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Anyone got any evidence that mccarthy is any good? What ive seen of him he scares the life out of me

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Anyone got any evidence that mccarthy is any good? What ive seen of him he scares the life out of me
                Looked brilliant against Liverpool IMO.

Comment

My new month-old hamster would look brilliant against Liverpool of today.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Who cares if he's good or not. He's young and that's enough.

Comment

Would like Greeno to stay. Good lad.

Comment

And then terrible v Sheff Utd since, plus a howler v Leicester at the weekend

In fairness though I do think he will be a decent keeper, just needs a run in the side.

I am one of Green's biggest fans, think he has been brilliant for us & that it will take a few years for McCarthy to get himself to Green's level, but even I think it is time for McCarthy to be given a go. Green is 35 now, and we have the chance to get a nominal sum for him (I assume £1m or so) and have a young keeper waiting in the wings to step up (who we also paid £6m for). Especially with us going down, I think it seems the right time to make the transition.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                          Who cares if he's good or not. He's young and that's enough.
                          :

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

In fairness though I do think he will be a decent keeper, just needs a run in the side.

I am one of Green's biggest fans, think he has been brilliant for us & that it will take a few years for McCarthy to get himself to Green's level, but even I think it is time for McCarthy to be given a go. Green is 35 now, and we have the chance to get a nominal sum for him (I assume £1m or so) and have a young keeper waiting in the wings to step up (who we also paid £6m for). Especially with us going down, I think it seems the right time to make the transition.
                            Ffs I was hoping we would be shot of flappy green. Another year of yhe bozo
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

As someone who has played in goal (admittedly not at the highest level) you got to understand that Goalkeeping is all about confidence and continuity. McCarthy has not had this at any time with Qpr, seeing him as first choice will bring this and that's all he needs as IMO he has all the technical ability to be a top class keep.

I personally think it won't take McCarthy a long time to get to Greens level, as I think he's already a better all-round keeper.

(Again, all this IMO)

Comment

Working...
                              X