X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambert + 15m?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-10278731.html

We would take that wouldn't we?

I would, depending on how much Lambert's wages will be.

Comment

Without a doubt. £15m alone is the most I would expect we could realistically get. If we get that, plus a decent striker in return, would certainly take that.

However, I can't see Liverpool coming in for him. Think it'll more likely be the likes of Palace, Everton, Newcastle etc.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Liverpool would find my milkman better than balotelli so I honestly can see them coming in for Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Without a doubt. £15m alone is the most I would expect we could realistically get. If we get that, plus a decent striker in return, would certainly take that.

However, I can't see Liverpool coming in for him. Think it'll more likely be the likes of Palace, Everton, Newcastle etc.
          I disagree, Liverpool are desperate right now and have nothing up top, Sturridge is a decent player but more an off the front man sort of option. I can see them going for Chas, and quickly.

Comment

Yeah that'd be a good deal imo.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Would be happy with five mill and lambert to be honest.

Comment

That article reads like Liverpool value Austin at £15M and the value of Lambert (around £2.5M) will be removed from that making the total figure around £12.5M

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                  That article reads like Liverpool value Austin at £15M and the value of Lambert (around £2.5M) will be removed from that making the total figure around £12.5M
                  I'd take that as well............. Read somewhere today that said Austin has his heart set on a move to Liverpool (possibly the Swindon forum?), so if this was an option it would be an easy sell.

Comment

Yeah I'm of that thought cant see Charlie being that quality ,Where's this young hungry player route going how old is Lambert 33 , IMO Southampton would be his best option

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      I would, depending on how much Lambert's wages will be.
                      Agree, but can't see him taking the sort of wages we should be paying a striker in the championshit. Non-starter this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                        Agree, but can't see him taking the sort of wages we should be paying a striker in the championshit. Non-starter this one.
                        We have just cut millions and millions off the wage bill in one foul swoop, so could deffo afford to pay the striker who would score the goals to get us back up i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          We have just cut millions and millions off the wage bill in one foul swoop, so could deffo afford to pay the striker who would score the goals to get us back up i reckon.
                          But then we have to fall in line with FFP dont we? That includes money spent on wages.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            The dream scenario. Imagine the ST stampede if Fernandes announces Chas in Contract extension talks.

(This post was for Tony Fernandes in the zillion-1 chance that he's ever read this forum)

Comment

That would be a great deal but I can see Liverpool going for Benteke rather than Austin

Comment

Working...
                              X