• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too ginge, but the football world doesnt seem to agree for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Me too ginge, but the football world doesnt seem to agree for some reason
      Tbf I quite like Ings, he's a different sort of striker than Austin, quicker with more skill but probably less workrate/poachers eye/aerial ability than Austin so it's a toughie.

Like comparing Rooney to Lineker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        He is better than Ings IMO.
        100%.Only thing I can see Ings has over Charlie is age (even though Charlie is only 25). Not sure on what basis people think Ings is better than Austin?

Both in poor sides this year (us actually worse than Burnley!) yet Austin banged in 7 more goals than him.

As for the OP; I can't understand how / why Spurs would make a £12m bid when he is a free agent?! I know there would be a compo payout due (as we had with Hoilett) but not a £12m fee for him. Can any educated fellow shed some light?
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          100%.Only thing I can see Ings has over Charlie is age (even though Charlie is only 25). Not sure on what basis people think Ings is better than Austin?

Both in poor sides this year (us actually worse than Burnley!) yet Austin banged in 7 more goals than him.

As for the OP; I can't understand how / why Spurs would make a £12m bid when he is a free agent?! I know there would be a compo payout due (as we had with Hoilett) but not a £12m fee for him. Can any educated fellow shed some light?
          Also, Austin has consistently scored 15-20 goals, or more, every season since becoming a professional footballer. Ings hasnt.

Thats not to say i dislike Ings, hes a very good player. He just simply isn't better than Austin.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
            Just reported on SSN that Spurs make £12m offer! Thought he was out of contract? Would this be compensation as he is young? Also reporting Benteke to Liverpool for £30m! If this is a benchmark what price is Charlie?
            I wouldn't sell Austin for less than £15m plus a proven goalscorer such as Gayle. if Murray the cash shoild be more as he is older and no resale value.
            If it is just cash, £20m with a big sell on % and add ons i.e. Title win an extra £2m. Austin is under contract and could be a promotion winningplayer again for QPR,so anythibg less than £20m cash or cash and players will not be of much use. Where wil QPR get a 20-30 goal striker from for much less than £10m?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
              Tbf I quite like Ings, he's a different sort of striker than Austin, quicker with more skill but probably less workrate/poachers eye/aerial ability than Austin so it's a toughie.

Like comparing Rooney to Lineker.
              See what you mean, but i was just comparing in front of goal and scoring wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Sell Austin and go and buy Vokes from Burnley or Rhodes from Blackburn....job done move on.
                And how much would Rhodes cost?
                He is valued at around £10m which is roughly what is rumoured tobe Austin's price tag.

Comment

It's all about opinions.. Football will be boring without them.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    And how much would Rhodes cost?
                    He is valued at around £10m which is roughly what is rumoured tobe Austin's price tag.
                    £10m then.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                      TBF When on song Benteke is 3 times the player Charlie is.
                      Fck me, I think my computer is acting up. It shows somebody as saying that Benteke is 3 times the player Charlie is! Nobody in their right mind could think that!

Charlie banged in 18 this season and was the 4th top scorer in the FA Premier League! Where was Benteke? If a forward's job is to score goals, that makes Charlie better! And if you want to talk about his contribution to team goals, QPR scored more goals than Villa this season!

Charlie is better than Benteke, any day of the week (not saying Benteke isn't mustard too though).

I find the disrespect shown towards Charlie by some posters absolutely shocking. I can't help wondering if they have been watching the same matches I have seen this season and last season.
                      Last edited by dsqpr; 28-05-2015, 05:37 PM.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        He is better than Ings IMO.
                        When comparing strikers, isn't "goals scored" the normal yardstick?

How many did Ings manage at the top level? Yes, he was in a sh!t team but according to the table, which does not lie, a slightly less sh!t team than Charlie, who banged in 18.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                          Where was Benteke?
                          I'm not knocking Austin at all but in answer to your question, Benteke has got 15 goals in 32 games so far this season....whilst not all in the league that's not a bad return either.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            I'm not knocking Austin at all but in answer to your question, Benteke has got 15 goals in 32 games so far this season....whilst not all in the league that's not a bad return either.
                            13 goals and 2 assists in 29 matches in the Premier League. Yes, that is very good, but not as good as Charlie's
                            18 goals and 5 assists in 35 matches.

And as for 3 times better than Charlie (not saying you said that by the way) - get a grip on reality!

Comment

What a joke Inge better than Austin do me a favour. Inge get recognition maybe because he's a little bit more easier on the eye in terms of being able to glide pass players but if your talking about strikers who's job is to score goals austins record speaks for itself. He smashes Ings all over the park.
                              They had this debate on talk sport yesterday and they couldn't understand why anyone would want Ings over Charlie and that Charlie was the better choice Iin terms of striker.

As for Spurs bidding 12 mill it's so they can get a head start on everyone else. Ings is still a burnley player until June 30th and by agreeing a fee with burnley they can both side step leaving a panel to decide the compensation burnley get.

Comment

I guarantee Benteke signs for a "better" team than Austin, even with Charlie's favourable contract situation and thats because his overall game is better than Austins. Dont think having the opinion that Benteke is better than Austin is disrespectful

Comment

Working...
                                X