Danny Ings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Ings

Just reported on SSN that Spurs make £12m offer! Thought he was out of contract? Would this be compensation as he is young? Also reporting Benteke to Liverpool for £30m! If this is a benchmark what price is Charlie?

Gotta be at least 15mill surely?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
      Just reported on SSN that Spurs make £12m offer! Thought he was out of contract? Would this be compensation as he is young? Also reporting Benteke to Liverpool for £30m! If this is a benchmark what price is Charlie?
      TBF When on song Benteke is 3 times the player Charlie is.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
        TBF When on song Benteke is 3 times the player Charlie is.
        I think we need to see Charlie in a decent team before making that comparison

Comment

CA would get many more in a better team with better service close to top scorer watch best striker we have had here in years also a lot more goals in a team where he doesnt have to track back and defend so much the amount of defensive work he did this season was v high

Comment

Too early to be making such claims about CA in my opinion. I love the guy and he has clearly been the best striker we've had since Les but i have a sneaky suspicion that he wont ever get this many goals in a prem season again. It doesn't always transpire that a striker leaves a sh1t team where he is the main man and goes to a good team and is even better. Austin could easily move to a better team and not make the step up. Examples being Lambert, Carroll, Fletcher and im sure there are more. If we get anywhere near £15 mil for Austin we should all be laughing!

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
              Too early to be making such claims about CA in my opinion. I love the guy and he has clearly been the best striker we've had since Les but i have a sneaky suspicion that he wont ever get this many goals in a prem season again. It doesn't always transpire that a striker leaves a sh1t team where he is the main man and goes to a good team and is even better. Austin could easily move to a better team and not make the step up. Examples being Lambert, Carroll, Fletcher and im sure there are more. If we get anywhere near £15 mil for Austin we should all be laughing!
              Scored goals wherever he has been, no reason to think he will stop once he leaves Qpr (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                I think we need to see Charlie in a decent team before making that comparison
                Why when we havent seen Benteke in one?

Comment

As I said before we came up, CA will score no matter where he is or plays. He might not be as fast as some but has that killer instinct. Look at all the goals he's scored including last year, it's there for all to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                    Yeah they would be due compo as he is under 24, unless he goes abroad where they would get nothing. The thing with Charlie is his lack of contract and the prospect of him leaving for £0 next summer massively reduces his value. I wouldnt doubt that he would go for good money if he had a proper contract but he doesn't and teams will look to get him as cheap as possible knowing we havent got much to negotiate with

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Yeah they would be due compo as he is under 24, unless he goes abroad where they would get nothing. The thing with Charlie is his lack of contract and the prospect of him leaving for £0 next summer massively reduces his value. I wouldnt doubt that he would go for good money if he had a proper contract but he doesn't and teams will look to get him as cheap as possible knowing we havent got much to negotiate with
                      Then we should keep him. His goals in the champ could be worth more than £10mil if they get us back up! If teams try to rip us off we should keep him for one more season then let him go on free.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        Players like him who can score goals are hard to find, there should be fight for his signature.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Scored goals wherever he has been, no reason to think he will stop once he leaves Qpr (IMO)
                          so did rickie lambert until he went to liverpool. Dont get me wrong i'd love to see Charlie go on and be a huge success but he is far from proven at the top level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
                            Then we should keep him. His goals in the champ could be worth more than £10mil if they get us back up! If teams try to rip us off we should keep him for one more season then let him go on free.
                            Too many ifs involved. Its easy for a fan to say just keep him if we dont get big money but what if he gets injured? (which isnt the most unlikely scenario) what if he is out of form and has a bad season? both scenarios means he leaves on a free and we're still in the championship. nothing is guaranteed in football and keeping Charlie for another year in the hope he fires us to promotion at the risk of him leaving for free next summer is too much of a risk IMO. Its just a shame he refused to agree a new deal with us as I'm sure we would pay him well.

Comment

We'll get £7-10M for Austin
                              I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Working...
                              X