Danny Ings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    13 goals and 2 assists in 29 matches in the Premier League. Yes, that is very good, but not as good as Charlie's
    18 goals and 5 assists in 35 matches.

And as for 3 times better than Charlie (not saying you said that by the way) - get a grip on reality!
    I am guessing they are basing that on 3 years scoring in the top flight....

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      I guarantee Benteke signs for a "better" team than Austin, even with Charlie's favourable contract situation and thats because his overall game is better than Austins. Dont think having the opinion that Benteke is better than Austin is disrespectful
      Just to be clear Hove, I don't think it is disrespectful to say that any particular player is better than Charlie. However, it certainly IS (IMHO) disrespectful to say that any player is THREE TIMES BETTER than Charlie! And I also think it is disrespecting Charlie to say that he is only worth 10m when top forwards, of which he is one, are clearly valued at close to 30m. I realize his contract situation will affect any transfer FEE but it does not affect his VALUE. It just seems to me that "the grass is always greener" and people don't quite realize what a gem have. Both as a player and a professional.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        I am guessing they are basing that on 3 years scoring in the top flight....
        Also three times better than Harry Kane then...
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Just to be clear Hove, I don't think it is disrespectful to say that any particular player is better than Charlie. However, it certainly IS (IMHO) disrespectful to say that any player is THREE TIMES BETTER than Charlie! And I also think it is disrespecting Charlie to say that he is only worth 10m when top forwards, of which he is one, are clearly valued at close to 30m. I realize his contract situation will affect any transfer FEE but it does not affect his VALUE. It just seems to me that "the grass is always greener" and people don't quite realize what a gem have. Both as a player and a professional.
          Or maybe they genuinely think Benteke is better than Austin. I'm sure most fans are aware of what a gem Charlie is to us but that isnt the point, it is how good he is in comparison to other players. Why anyones loyalty to our players should be questioned because they believe a player is better than one of ours is beyond me, even if the difference of ability is quantified. Also the point about Charlie being a "top forward" is just your opinion and thus if someone feels he is worth £10 mill they are more than entitled to and it isnt disrespectful. They could equally argue that your opinion is biased and clouded by your affiliation to qpr (like you have suggested with the grass is always greener comment) and that also wouldnt be disrespectful

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            Or maybe they genuinely think Benteke is better than Austin. I'm sure most fans are aware of what a gem Charlie is to us but that isnt the point, it is how good he is in comparison to other players. Why anyones loyalty to our players should be questioned because they believe a player is better than one of ours is beyond me, even if the difference of ability is quantified. Also the point about Charlie being a "top forward" is just your opinion and thus if someone feels he is worth £10 mill they are more than entitled to and it isnt disrespectful. They could equally argue that your opinion is biased and clouded by your affiliation to qpr (like you have suggested with the grass is always greener comment) and that also wouldnt be disrespectful
            Where did I question anyone's loyalty to our players? Or where did I say that people who say so don't genuinely believe that Benteke is better? I did categorically say that I don't think this is showing any disrespect to Charlie but I guess you didn't read that bit.

Sure, my opinion may be biased but it is also supported by the facts.

I think that not giving Charlie the credit he deserves for his performances and results is most definitely showing him disrespect - and that includes under-valuing him or saying that somebody is three times better than he is (or, generally, just not appreciating what a good player he is or what a good season he has had)!

Comment

Where did I question anyone's loyalty to our players? Or where did I say that people who say so don't genuinely believe that Benteke is better? I did categorically say that I don't think this is showing any disrespect to Charlie but I guess you didn't read that bit.

Sure, my opinion may be biased but it is also supported by the facts.

I think that not giving Charlie the credit he deserves for his performances and results is most definitely showing him disrespect - and that includes under-valuing him or saying that somebody is three times better than he is (or, generally, just not appreciating what a good player he is or what a good season he has had)!
              To say someone is being disrespectful to a player is questioning their loyalty to players. By saying people dont realise what a gem we have and that the grass is always greener in regards to players is suggesting that peoples opinions of other players compared to ours is influenced by the fact they play for another team and thus isnt genuine. I understood that you said saying benteke is better isnt disrespectful but quantifying the difference of their ability is and I addressed that but you obviously didnt understand that. you then go on about how your opinion is supported by facts and I assume suggest that it is more valid because of this, well you're wrong. Finally I havent seen anyone not giving Charlie credit for his performances or the season he had, it just seems you are confusing people comparing 2 players based on ability and what Charlie means to us as a club which is probably influenced by emotion.

Comment

Working...
              X