No announcement yet.

Joey Barton to sign new QPR contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really don't see the appeal in keeping Barton. He just doesn't contribute enough for me, I can run around a lot for Qpr and contribute next to no goals and assists, can I get 65k a week?

Bloke is an embarrassment, thinks he's gods gift. Time to leave and us to move on. He is the epitomy(?) of everything that is wrong with modern day Qpr. (IMO)

Comment

1-2 year deal 10-15k a week then yeah. Otherwise no. let him go.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Really don't see the appeal in keeping Barton. He just doesn't contribute enough for me, I can run around a lot for Qpr and contribute next to no goals and assists, can I get 65k a week?

Bloke is an embarrassment, thinks he's gods gift. Time to leave and us to move on. He is the epitomy(?) of everything that is wrong with modern day Qpr. (IMO)
        To be fair, I bet Barton can run around on a football field a lot better than you can....

Also, despite his indiscretions, he is actually well respected by the players and management and is considered a valued member of the squad

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
          To be fair, I bet Barton can run around on a football field a lot better than you can....

Also, despite his indiscretions, he is actually well respected by the players and management and is considered a valued member of the squad
          We're a ####ing shambles and he's the Captain. I don't give a hoot how well he is respected by his fellow players (all your opinion btw), he clearly fails to inspire anyone around him on the pitch, contributes next to nil in goals and assists, doesn't stop the ball going in the back of our net to any great degree so why the f*** should he be kept on?

King bad egg (IMO)

Comment

We're a ####ing shambles and he's the Captain. I don't give a hoot how well he is respected by his fellow players (all your opinion btw), he clearly fails to inspire anyone around him on the pitch, contributes next to nil in goals and assists, doesn't stop the ball going in the back of our net to any great degree so why the f*** should he be kept on?

King bad egg (IMO)
            Couldn't agree more

Comment

I like Joey but if we should pay anyone £20k a week in the midfield it should be Sandro.

Build a solid defence, stick Sandro and/or Henry in front of it and then let these Swindon kids go and attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                I like Joey but if we should pay anyone £20k a week in the midfield it should be Sandro.

Build a solid defence, stick Sandro and/or Henry in front of it and then let these Swindon kids go and attack.
                Sounds good to me, but Sandro won't stay.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Under contract for 2 years and a history of being injury prone. Who's gonna pay the wonga?

............Unless of course he gets deported

Comment

Maybe not but who else is going to gamble on someone who plays half a season?

Comment

Under contract for 2 years and a history of being injury prone. Who's gonna pay the wonga?

............Unless of course he gets deported
                      He'll go abroad somewhere, maybe back to Brazil.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He'll go abroad somewhere, maybe back to Brazil.
                        Not unless they're willing to pay for him, in which case its 8m thank you very much.

............Can see Sandro staying, and actually hope he does. Full, fit pre-season he will be massive next season.

Comment

If we'd stayed up, I'd definitely be up for Joey leaving. Not only is he not good enough, but the heightened attention of the premier league gives Joey additional exposure off the field, and as we all know....that usually doesn't end well in terms of club image.

However, as long as he will sign an appropriate contract, he should be an asset in the championship. In purely footballing terms, his work rate and professionalism are high and he'll be a good footballing role model for the younger players. His ability is also more than fine at Champ level.

So now is in fact, probably not the time to let him go, in my opinion, even though I'm far from his biggest fan!

Comment

I cant see anyone signing Sandro - fitness concerns, high fee, high salary, deportation risk. Saying that though, Sandro in the Championship blimey, aint no one getting past him

Comment

No thanks

Gobby , not as good as he thinks he is and a general ####
                              We Are The People.....

Comment

can get someone in (maybe we already have) equally as good, but more important, on a faction of his wages
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X