Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    This. Good news so far. I'm assuming Phillips will go. I'm not too bothered about Charlie. Think we need something new up front

Thing is, if "the warmth shown him by QPR fans is a major reason why Joey Barton wants to re-sign for the club", that proves he doesn't read much of what's posted on here......
    I'm glad he doesn't!

Comment

Really hope he stays and fights to get us back. Will be one of the best players in the championship imo

Comment

Serious question - why is this such great news? He was no better than average the last time we were in the Championship, is as we all know a completer liability, and will be 33 in September.
        Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-05-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          Serious question - why is this such great news? He was no better than average the last time we were in the Championship, is as we all know a completer liability, and will be 33 in Septmeber.
          He was voted player of the year by this messageboard mate.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

He will show the new yoots how to keep up the fight and keep going all the way. (to the play off final victory again hopefully)
            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 26-05-2015, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              He was voted player of the year by this messageboard mate.
              Really? That is completely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                Serious question - why is this such great news? He was no better than average the last time we were in the Championship, is as we all know a completer liability, and will be 33 in September.
                At £65K per week, he represents the same value as a £5,000 season ticket to watch QPR.

I want him out of here just for his terrible attitude alone. I don't want our youngsters copying that. But if he is to stay, it needs to be MAX £20K per week in the Premier League, MAX £10K per week in the Championship.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

No one in the PL will touch him with a barge pole.

So it's a pay-cut to go to the frogs - or a pay-cut to stay with us.

I'm another on the fence. He's a very, very effective championship player..... But is he a relic that needs to go?

Hmmmmmmm.......

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                    At £65K per week, he represents the same value as a £5,000 season ticket to watch QPR.

I want him out of here just for his terrible attitude alone. I don't want our youngsters copying that. But if he is to stay, it needs to be MAX £20K per week in the Premier League, MAX £10K per week in the Championship.
                    I think it's very unfair to say that Barton has a terrible attitude towards his football. By most accounts he is a full-on professional in that respect. It's just that he's rather narcissistic. He can't help himself in many situations.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                      I think it's very unfair to say that Barton has a terrible attitude towards his football. By most accounts he is a full-on professional in that respect. It's just that he's rather narcissistic. He can't help himself in many situations.
                      I don't deny he has been one of our more effective players and has put in a shift when he has played. So, when I talk about his terrible attitude I'm talking about things like not being able to control himself on the pitch and getting red carded, and criticizing his team mates on twitter - not to mention $lagging off the team when he thought he wasn't coming back! Those are things that are entirely unprofessional and if the youngsters see him rewarded with a new contract that is a very bad example - a cancer in the club that will just keep us on the downward spiral.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Not happy about this at all . Really don't like or rate him . Really thought this was our chance to get rid of the muppet

Comment

let him go. we have the leverage in these negotiations, he cannot do better than us.

he's on 60k+ (!!!!). no one in the Premiership will give him that. he's not good enough to play for Marseille and the majority of French sides can't and won;t match his wages. his ego & reputation will prevent him going for a payoff in the the USA or Gulf etc. if he stays he should take a 75% pay cut minimum. the only way for Joey is down if he leaves the club...

& let's not rewrite history, he's been poor this season and failed to command matches.

Comment

I hope they don't offer him a new contract, his negatives far outweigh his positives, new start and all that
                            From the Hills of Kerry
                            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

The Scouse Pirlo pinging balls into the SAR stand, Great. At least he flys into tackles and runs around a bit.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Not sure where it says 'Joey Barton to sign new contract'.Hitman and his accuracy take another hit.....but on balance I hope Barton stays.

Comment

Working...
                                X