Joey Barton to sign new QPR contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    I cant see anyone signing Sandro - fitness concerns, high fee, high salary, deportation risk. Saying that though, Sandro in the Championship blimey, aint no one getting past him
    In the treatment room....

Comment

If we can negotiate much reduced wages I would 100% keep him. He would be a fantastic asset in the Championship.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

With all youngsters in the squad next season we are going to need a few old lags to help them through games. Barton is no world beater in my view but at Championships level and on "realistic" wages I would definitely look to retain him, may be on a 1 year deal with an incentive based renewal similar to the Dunne deal last season. Thoughts?
        Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
          With all youngsters in the squad next season we are going to need a few old lags to help them through games. Barton is no world beater in my view but at Championships level and on "realistic" wages I would definitely look to retain him, may be on a 1 year deal with an incentive based renewal similar to the Dunne deal last season. Thoughts?
          Definitely need some leaders in there if we are going to promote the youth into the squad. Barton and Hill are about the only ones I ever see talking on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            If we can negotiate much reduced wages I would 100% keep him. He would be a fantastic asset in the Championship.
            I agree, but will he be willing to take a big pay cut to stay, given that he wouldn't do so to join Marseille?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              I agree, but will he be willing to take a big pay cut to stay, given that he wouldn't do so to join Marseille?
              Not sure mate but I think he probably would. More time has moved on since then, I think he realises that very few (if any) PL clubs will take him, I believe Marseille have also ruled out having him back, and that the fans (majority) like him at Loftus Road (something I believe he acknowledges in the OP linked article). I think that he would quite like to stay, I really do.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If he clicks this poll he wont resign as he said it will be how the fans react whether he signs up again and helps us get back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  If he clicks this poll he wont resign as he said it will be how the fans react whether he signs up again and helps us get back up.
                  Let's not get confused here. JB only listens to one person and that's JB. No-one close to him or any outside influences will change his mind, EVER. If Barton re-signs for us, it's because he hasn't got a better offer elsewhere, not to do with the fans reaction or the 35man poll on here.

Comment

JB signs not for us now
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Ramsey and Les have gone up in my estimation.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

I was starting to think that maybe Joey was part of the problem.

Comment

Gutted joey is not re signing for next season. Perfect player for us in the championship.. Will cost a good few quid to replace

Comment

Adieux Monsieur Barton, and merde.

Comment

He's been all over Twitter saying his goodbyes. Reckon thats it.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Glad he has FINALLY gone. Happy days.
                                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X