QPR closing in on Luongo and Gladwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Transfermarkt has a very very strict market valuation. Gladwin was valued at 44k march last year and his new valuation of 132k is from february. That is a pretty good growth rate for someone who has only started getting big this season in league 1. 190cm tall and scored 8 and assisted 8 (140 minutes per goal involvement) is very impressive from centre mid.

Massimo Luongo has been a really growing talent over the last few years but especially this season. Just to put it in perspective, last september, he was valued at 352k and now he is valued at 1.3mil which again, is very impressive.
    Ah I see. Guess that goes some way to explaining these valuations.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      Those stats are from transfermarkt.com, a German website that has never knowingly been right about anything. They currently have Matt Phillips on there as being worth £2.5m.
      That was done in february, just before Chris ramsey took over so it makes absolute sense.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Some of your stats make me wanna fry my own face, but good job here Nas
        More than happy to research any new potential signings you all hear about
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Medicals today apparently, along with Gladwin: http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sp...s/12973453._/?
          Is he on the bus???!!!?? Boom!: someone had to say it!!
          Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Don't think the transfer fee is the important thing here. The main thing is the salary they will be getting as this is what we really have to cut down on.

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
              Is he on the bus???!!!?? Boom!: someone had to say it!!
              Impossible, someone on here would have a 23rd cousin whose long lost half sister would know a kebab shop owner who's best mate worked for some guy whose wife's nephew drives players around London and would have told us about it.

Comment

Have to say that these are the type of signings fans have been calling for. Young, low wages & room to improve.

If this is the way LF & CR are moving it bodes well.

Clearly they could both turn out to be dross but from last seasons performances both could be good signings

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  That was done in february, just before Chris ramsey took over so it makes absolute sense.
                  Really? I think if someone had offered us £2.5m for Phillips at any time last season we would've all thought they were taking the gypsy's.

Comment

Really? I think if someone had offered us £2.5m for Phillips at any time last season we would've all thought they were taking the gypsy's.
                    Apart from Harry Redknapp who was desperate to flog...........

Comment

As I said, they are very very strict with their valuations.Zaha was valued at 10mil at his peak. Usually Prices players go for are well above their market value but it is more of a relative scale than anything.

Comment

Maybe they realize as i do, that Tim Sherwood is a complete bell-end.
                        Maybe he is, but at least he kept Villa up.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                          Yep, remember it well, thought they where outstanding, it's a slur on our scouting system that even when presented with players infront of our nose we still failed to chase it up

I remember us signing Stainrod and Byrne after playing against them in cup games.

I hope Les and Chris get it right this time.
                          Ah those were the days when scouts and management & coaches took notice of the opponents and made bids for those that impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            Ah those were the days when scouts and management & coaches took notice of the opponents and made bids for those that impressed.
                            Like Alex Bonnot?

Comment

Like Alex Bonnot?
                              He once sat on the front of my car.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Like Alex Bonnot?
                                Or Eric Sabin?

Comment

Working...
                                X