X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    I would prefer murry over gayle given a choice
    Out of interest mate can I ask why?

With gayle being a lot younger, scoring goals in the prem, a bit of pace to him I think he would suit the more recruitment drive brilliantly.
    Don't get me wrong I think Murray is a good player and certainly wouldn't be unhappy with him but I would take gayle over him ever day of the week.

Comment

For me in championship you need up top someone who can lead the line win free kicks and who knows how to play the situation kind of like the Grant Holt role, Norwich when they went up were as good as they were because of him.

Think Murray is a top player in this role where as the likes of Gayle there are other players about that are pacey and can finish can't think of many other options who can play the the Murray role

I would not turn nose up at Gayle in champ but if we never got him there will be similar players to approach. Just me though buddy

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        For me in championship you need up top someone who can lead the line win free kicks and who knows how to play the situation kind of like the Grant Holt role, Norwich when they went up were as good as they were because of him.

Think Murray is a top player in this role where as the likes of Gayle there are other players about that are pacey and can finish can't think of many other options who can play the the Murray role

I would not turn nose up at Gayle in champ but if we never got him there will be similar players to approach. Just me though buddy
        Fair play west and more than fair points. As I say either would be a top signing and would happily have them at QPR.

Comment

Looks as though our improved positioning for negotiating is paying dividends. Finally a reasonable fee for Charlie is being mentioned. If he does go for £20m I sincerely hope there will be significant add ons taking it a fair bit higher if he does well. Not to mention the usual sell on percentage!

Charlie Austin has emerged as a shock transfer target for Premier League winners Chelsea, Chelsea-Mad can reveal.

A fee of £20million will secure his signing as QPR clear the decks for life in the Championship.

http://www.chelsea-mad.co.uk/news/tm...98/index.shtml
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Thing with Charlie is he is a real grafter and you always hear about him staying on after training etc. For me he has continued to improve and, whilst at the start of the season he was I would day well too raw for the bigger sides, he has improved his overall game significantly and if he keeps going could well fit into one of the big boys.

If he can score 18 with the mainly dire service he has had from our lot imagine what he could do surrounded by a bit of quality. Being English as well I could see there being a lot of sides after him. If the board hold their nerve, and no reason they won't, I could see us getting a good fee for him.

Comment

Austin very close to palace according to our forum members.
              Heard similar?
              Cabaye and austin, little palace has grown up eh..

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Thing with Charlie is he is a real grafter and you always hear about him staying on after training etc. For me he has continued to improve and, whilst at the start of the season he was I would day well too raw for the bigger sides, he has improved his overall game significantly and if he keeps going could well fit into one of the big boys.

If he can score 18 with the mainly dire service he has had from our lot imagine what he could do surrounded by a bit of quality. Being English as well I could see there being a lot of sides after him. If the board hold their nerve, and no reason they won't, I could see us getting a good fee for him.
                Good post fox. Just to support your point, he had 5 assists to go along with his 18 goals. Not to mention some last ditch saving tackles at the other end!
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by palace-fan-in-peace View Post
                  Heard similar?
                  Only thing I've seen about this was that one of the betting companies had shortened the odds from like 14/1 to 3/1 so there's been movement on the money front.

Personally of the opinion Austin would bang goals in for fun at Palace with players like Zaha, Puncheon, Bolasie and now Cabaye setting him up. Would be a good fit in my opinion, plus would mean he gets to stay in London and doesn't have to relocate his family

Comment

Originally posted by RoryTheRanger View Post
                    Only thing I've seen about this was that one of the betting companies had shortened the odds from like 14/1 to 3/1 so there's been movement on the money front.

Personally of the opinion Austin would bang goals in for fun at Palace with players like Zaha, Puncheon, Bolasie and now Cabaye setting him up. Would be a good fit in my opinion, plus would mean he gets to stay in London and doesn't have to relocate his family
                    Agree with this. The only stumbling block is that Palace likely won't give him the kind of money his agent is looking for. I'd be disappointed if we wouldn't be willing to at least match whatever they might offer (other than Premier League football of course - but if Charlie stays then we would hope to give him that next season!).

Comment

Heard similar?
                      2 great signings if they happen. Keep Bolasie and you might even finish top 10. Would be great to get Gayle in exchange and like 12 million.

Comment

Think he would be a super signing for Palace if that came off. Club on the up which pains me to say and manager who tends to get the most out of what he had

I personally can't see palace paying £15mil and that's the asking price but if they do Could see it happening

Comment

Heard similar?
                          Cabaye is a hell of a signing for you boys. Tbh I personally cannot see you splashing £15m on Austin on top of the Cabaye money, but if you do then fair play that's great business for you.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Palace move would make sense in so many ways. Assembling a very good team and agree with other posters with bolasie, zaha, puncheon and cabaye feeding him he would bang goals in for for fun.
                            Place building a very good tea, and doing things in the right way. Very good club and format to follow.

As fordy said if we could 12 mill and gayle I would snap palace hands off.

Comment

Prem clubs have at least £100m TV money to spend this season

Comment

Gayle and Jedinak?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...red-alert.html

If only
                                Last edited by Shania; 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X