Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone a bit worried about the transfer policy this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Pretty sure Ramsey knows the reasons, but his hands were tied to a large extent by the squad he inherited.

We have parachute payments, we have some good players already, just need to be firm with those under contract in telling them they must stay. The youngsters and any new players eager to make a name for themselves will surely be better than those that we will be seeing the back of.

TF's biggest and most important summer in charge. And this time, he cannot afford to make a mess of it like he has before.
    Agree with every word said there, I have my fingers crossed we get it right this time.

Comment

I bet Ramsey has a better standing in the game then people give him credit for. Just because he's not a household name to the average fan does not mean he's not known the footballing world.
      This bloke will have decent enough connections and is probably very clued up on up and coming talents from prem clubs right down to the bottom division.
      We will have some money to spend as we will sell a lot. The only thing I would worry about is a transfer embargo if the ffp thing is decided imminently. What you might find is we have to spend this summer as if we don't we could be hit with one in jan aswell.
      Give les some credit too he's said what we need and this is his first chance to influence the club and he's not stupid.

Comment

I'm worried that we will sign shite free transfers and blindly trust mediocre academy players under the guise of learning from our mistakes. We can't go from one extreme to another, we still need a good 30M investment this summer imo, even if we find bargains. Large transfer fees are only mistakes if you sign crap...

Would rather be looking at players from France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany than English players, as the prices here are inevitably inflated, even in the lower leagues. Even more so when you consider our recently acquired reputation...

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          The only thing I would worry about is a transfer embargo if the ffp thing is decided imminently.
          Mcintrye seemed to suggest yesterday that a deal has been done with FL on FFP and that we had more or less got away with it and said hopes we show some humility given the result we have had so not to pee the FL off

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Mcintrye seemed to suggest yesterday that a deal has been done with FL on FFP and that we had more or less got away with it and said hopes we show some humility given the result we have had so not to pee the FL off
            You mean this?

Comment

Brilliant news if true. Massive relief if we get off completely. I new the fine being quoted was out of the question due to English law stating that they ca only charge us on the current legislation not the old one.

Hopefully we will show we have learned. I think we will spend a few mill as we need players but where we need to show humility is on the stupid wages we have offered previously. We can still attract the best players and offer a decent wage but we were just being stupid with previous offers.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                You mean this?

That's the one

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                  Can see us getting a load of average youngsters on loan from Spuds with the Ramsey connection
                  Really depends on the football league to what we can do

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                    I'm worried that we will sign shite free transfers and blindly trust mediocre academy players under the guise of learning from our mistakes. We can't go from one extreme to another, we still need a good 30M investment this summer imo, even if we find bargains. Large transfer fees are only mistakes if you sign crap...

Would rather be looking at players from France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany than English players, as the prices here are inevitably inflated, even in the lower leagues. Even more so when you consider our recently acquired reputation...
                    You have to factor in that the 5 "bad eggs" were all foreign?

Comment

I get feeling (hope) L F is playing his cards close to his chest and we will get a few descent suprise signings

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        Fernandes has said a lot of things about our transfer policy over the last 4 seasons that have been a complete waste of time. Perosnally, I'm worried - with potentially a shoestring budget, a manager with no standing in the game in terms of attracting players, and a squad that needs thinning down massively, this summer could easily be the stuff of nightmares for us.
                        The topic of this thread was regarding a transfer policy that is literally assumed. At least Tony saying something has some credibility related to this.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                          You have to factor in that the 5 "bad eggs" were all foreign?
                          Don't think that means anything really. Some of the good eggs were foreign too such as Yun and Fer.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

if we could get 15 mil for austin, 10 mil for the sterling sale and 8 mil for fer, thats 33 mil in the bank.

with that and the parachute payment, we should have near to 50 mil in income. is it reasonable to suggest that we can expect 15 to 20 mil in outlay on players that we desperatly need\?
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              The topic of this thread was regarding a transfer policy that is literally assumed. At least Tony saying something has some credibility related to this.
                              That's exactly my point though - it doesn't. We have heard this for at least the last 3 seasons, and haven't changed our transfer policy during any of them. Excuse my lack of intelligence, but you'll have to explain to me what a 'literal assumption' is - that sounds like something of a misnomer to me.
                              Last edited by surrey_hoop; 25-05-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I think the main thing that we need which has been lacking two seasons is an injection of pace as we're such a one paced side

Think if this current side had pace on flanks and box to box engine in middle of park we would be different outfit
                                Spot on

Comment

Working...
                                X