Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone a bit worried about the transfer policy this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    That's exactly my point though - it doesn't. We have heard this for at least the last 3 seasons, and haven't changed our transfer policy during any of them. Excuse my lack of intelligence, but you'll have to explain to me what a 'literal assumption' is - that sounds like something of a misnomer to me.
    He never really specified as closely as he did now though. He always said we needed a balance of experience and youth with hunger. But to go out of his way to highlight 1. lower leagues and 2. nearing end of contract or out of contract would suggest they have been thinking about this for a while.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
      Can see us getting a load of average youngsters on loan from Spuds with the Ramsey connection
      Yes, I'm very worried. Our transfers have been a sh!t show ever since we won the Football League. We are likely to swing from: bringing in useless has-beens like SWP and paying them a fortune we couldn't afford; to bringing in nobody when we really need some strengthening and dropping down again.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Pretty sure Ramsey knows the reasons, but his hands were tied to a large extent by the squad he inherited.
        And this is why I think Ramsey could prove an astute signing as manager. If he is as good a coach as people are saying he'll know what players he needs to be able to play out his tactics effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          And this is why I think Ramsey could prove an astute signing as manager. If he is as good a coach as people are saying he'll know what players he needs to be able to play out his tactics effectively.
          I'm in the blue & white corner as well.

Comment

I will say that I'm greatly encouraged by what seems to be happening. It seems to be clear that CR is being given money to strengthen the squad and that was critical.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
            X