Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If someone today guaranteed that we would survive next season in the Championship...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Last 2 times we have been in the Championship we have been promoted. Don't see us as worse off than last time we got relegated, with a decent rebuild and keep a decent nucleus i think we have every chance of finishing above 20th.
    1st time we had warnock a proven promotion material manager and he had chance to build on what was already a reasonable ish squad that included tarrabt on fire(if we're honest hes the only reason we won the league) . 2nd time we basically kept a premier league squad on premier league wages and laboured to a fluky play off win . I really admire your optimism but next season will be nothing like those . We've had countless chances and now we're gonna struggle . As long as there is improvement year on year until eventually were not a complete embarrassment again I'll be very happy

Comment

Voted no asi just don't get the worry about relegation. Yes we have had a poor season and emotions are high but the championship is far from the standard of the pre, and there are some really bang average teams.

Tf has made some poor decisions but in the championship under his guidance we have got promoted both times. We will also spend money this summer and I would bet prob more than anyone in that league. If we are competing with other teams from the championship for players we win most times. I know the clubs finances will be restructured but I bet we still offer a very healthy wage.

Add the fact if we kept 6 or 7 of this years team we have a very decent base of a team for the championship that some teams will be massively envious of.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Voted no asi just don't get the worry about relegation. Yes we have had a poor season and emotions are high but the championship is far from the standard of the pre, and there are some really bang average teams.

Tf has made some poor decisions but in the championship under his guidance we have got promoted both times. We will also spend money this summer and I would bet prob more than anyone in that league. If we are competing with other teams from the championship for players we win most times. I know the clubs finances will be restructured but I bet we still offer a very healthy wage.

Add the fact if we kept 6 or 7 of this years team we have a very decent base of a team for the championship that some teams will be massively envious of.
        Spot on I don't see the panic
        R's

Comment

Play to win, not take part.

Comment

Take staying up. Grab it with both hands. Last time I thought we'd come straight back up as champions without the need for play-offs. No chance of going up, we need to survive in Championship this time.

Comment

Risk it for the biscuit.

It is the unpredictability of football that makes if fun. Like not knowing who the top 4 in the Championship will be next season. Unlike the Premier$h!t.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Dont want to drop again but personally think we'll have enough over a season to finish mid table

Comment

Considering the expected losses we're going to have with austin, phillips and those out of contract. we will need to rebuild in a much bigger way than any other time we've been relegated.

We have FFP hanging over us and that will eat in to any budget Ferdinand has to play with.

Smell the coffee people. Unless Tony throws another 20million at us at further FFP risk, then mid table is a bloody good finish.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Ramsey is a good coach but with virtually no managerial experience. Ferdinand has no more qualification to be a director of football than any other ex player.

It could work, but I think it will be real tough. Meanwhile, Paul Clement goes to Derby....

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Ramsey is a good coach but with virtually no managerial experience. Ferdinand has no more qualification to be a director of football than any other ex player.

It could work, but I think it will be real tough. Meanwhile, Paul Clement goes to Derby....
                      Another coach with no managerial experience.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Answer A to this poll.. every day of the fricking week.

Time to build.. Lets stop the short term-ism culture at this club

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Another coach with no managerial experience.
                          True, as managers not much to choose between them. I'd have preferred Clement but thats not based on facts.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Answer A to this poll.. every day of the fricking week.

Time to build.. Lets stop the short term-ism culture at this club
                            100% agree. As i have said, would take a few seasons in the lower leagues if it meant we are better prepared for the premier league
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

No. The championship is a very hard division but it's because of parity, on any given week bottom can beat top. If Ramsey can get a decent squad and the spirit is right then a top 6 finish is possible. To get that accomplished in a season will be difficult so I think mid table finish.

Comment

I'm not saying I wont be happy with a 3rd-13th placed effort next season, I'm saying the poll says stay up ie. 20th place. If we're finishing 20th next season then IMO that's a shite season.
                                Last edited by bakes8; 28-05-2015, 09:25 AM. Reason: cant spell IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X