Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If someone today guaranteed that we would survive next season in the Championship...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Ramsey is a good coach but with virtually no managerial experience. Ferdinand has no more qualification to be a director of football than any other ex player.

It could work, but I think it will be real tough. Meanwhile, Paul Clement goes to Derby....
    The Clement comment aside, I agree with this. Cant predict how we will do next season based on the season we've just had or the players/team that was here last season, because its going to be a completely different side to that one.... Also the Ramsey/Les combo is an experiment that we just dont know how it will pan out in terms of bring in players and managing them....

So at this moment in time Id rip your hand of if some was to offer me safety.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      I'm not saying I wont be happy with a 3rd-13th placed effort next season, I'm saying the poll says stay up ie. 20th place. If we're finishing 20th next season then IMO that's a shite season.

That's how I see it bakes. Just don't see the panic in a relegation battle. So many clubs in that league will be envious of us because we will replenish the squad and if we keep certain players we have some top player for a championship team.

To be in a dog fight at the bottom would be embarrassing and just can't see it. Can see the biggest disappointment being missing out on playoffs.

I personally think we will get top 6 as the board are already showing they are willing to spend albeit sensibly. I also think once the likes of Austin have been sold we will bring in established championship players of a decent age ie 24-27 which will also improve us considerably.

Comment

For me, anywhere below 15th is a sh!t season. 10th-15th is average. 7th-10th is where I'm expecting us to finish. Top 6 would on one hand be great, but on the other hand the prospect of another horrible Premier League season would be looming large.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

No from me - I am really expecting us to make a fist of it. Up to 10 new young hungry players coming into the club to mix with some of the older established players we surely should be looking to make playoffs. A lot with depend on who we get in to replace Charlie if he does as everyone expects, leave in the summer. #strikersarecrucial
          Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Playoffs for me
            R's

Comment

Id be happy enough with a mid table position and then pushing on for the following season, imagine winning promotion with the squad we have now and with the expected lower division players to come that will then need an overhaul again just to survive in the Prem. Im fed up with us just being a yoyo club.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legendary No. 10 View Post
                Id be happy enough with a mid table position and then pushing on for the following season, imagine winning promotion with the squad we have now and with the expected lower division players to come that will then need an overhaul again just to survive in the Prem. Im fed up with us just being a yoyo club.
                I think we are more likely to go down than make mid table, based on ramseys #### record last season and the fact we are signing shite league 1 players.

Ramsey out by Christmas and bring a decent manager in we might make play offs, but judging by what the Teflon don says he will stick by his man and we will be in the mire come crunch time.

Comment

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                  I think we are more likely to go down than make mid table, based on ramseys #### record last season and the fact we are signing shite league 1 players.

Ramsey out by Christmas and bring a decent manager in we might make play offs, but judging by what the Teflon don says he will stick by his man and we will be in the mire come crunch time.

Give it a rest fella - pathetic uneducated comments.

Try looking to some of the facts for the failures last year which many had nothing to do with Ramsey what so ever. The club are doing fine right now . Brought two promising players and atm no one sold. Positive steps being made and the foundations so many have cried out for being put in place.

Our squad is more than capable of holding its own and Ramsey has every chance to make ago of it this year with his own set of players and philosophy.

The club have already spent 3 mill and will continue to spend. Tf has always backed the manager and we have always been competitive in this league under his tenure. You have no real reason to suggest we won't be again.

Comment

You'd love that wouldn't you? Absolutely love it.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Don't you ever tire from posting your inane anti QPR rubbish?

Comment

we need to show ambition and have a proper crack at going straight back up. Otherwise we could flounder for years a la Forest, Wolves, Derby etc
                        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                          we need to show ambition and have a proper crack at going straight back up. Otherwise we could flounder for years a la Forest, Wolves, Derby etc
                          Welcome back from your sabbatical !!!
                          From the Hills of Kerry
                          To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                            Totally agree, and im certain thats what the board and dof will ensure we will do just that.

Comment

No harm in going for promotion, that would mean we are playing well... no?

Comment

No I wouldn't take it, if we were in trouble of going down I think the club would act quicker this coming season as a double relegation would really hurt us.

Comment

Working...
                                X