just back in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just back in London

Great day apart from the football yet again and as the coach goes through Harlesden I am so glad this season has finished at last

What a difference a year makes, this time last year we where picking up tickets, see you at the New York stadium, get home safely.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

I really feel for you all Paul, you guys deserve much better.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        Great day apart from the football yet again and as the coach goes through Harlesden I am so glad this season has finished at last
        If only the players were as committed as you fella. Come rain or shine you are there. Fair play mate

Comment

So glad I lodged this one in fairness.

Comment

Full respect to the hardy souls who went away game after game for little or no reward!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Was a decent atmosphere yesterday & to be honest you wouldn't have thought we got hammered. All of us in decent spirits & just generally taking the pi$$ out of how $hit we are

Fair play to Leicester they had a great atmosphere going (although they had the 2 most cringeworthy things in football going - clackers & mexican waves!!).

I'm so glad this season is over & done with now & we are back where we belong & can compete properly. Roll on August.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I'm a bit late with this because I only got back home late on Tuesday after going back to the UK for my first live City match of the season (typical plastic fan - only go to the big games!)

As you can imagine, it was a good day for us, but I wanted to say how much I admired those QPR fans (about 900, I suppose) who flogged up the M1 to see the match. I'm not sure I would have done the same in your position, to be honest. I hope you enjoyed the beer from our owners (nice touch that, I thought) and the round of Birchenall-led applause from the City fans (well, apart from a few kn0b-heads booing).

Incidentally MattyRangers that's the first time I've seen a Mexican Wave at our stadium and I agree it's cringeworthy: but the clackers are brilliant!

Best of luck for next season. It can't be easy going straight back, and I was dreading it when it seemed likely that we would lead the way. I just hope Ferdinand, Fernandes and Ramsey steer well clear of the last big payday merchants. We spent ten effin' years trying that and it got us nowhere: you need some young, hungry players who will go all out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
                  I'm a bit late with this because I only got back home late on Tuesday after going back to the UK for my first live City match of the season (typical plastic fan - only go to the big games!)

As you can imagine, it was a good day for us, but I wanted to say how much I admired those QPR fans (about 900, I suppose) who flogged up the M1 to see the match. I'm not sure I would have done the same in your position, to be honest. I hope you enjoyed the beer from our owners (nice touch that, I thought) and the round of Birchenall-led applause from the City fans (well, apart from a few kn0b-heads booing).

Incidentally MattyRangers that's the first time I've seen a Mexican Wave at our stadium and I agree it's cringeworthy: but the clackers are brilliant!

Best of luck for next season. It can't be easy going straight back, and I was dreading it when it seemed likely that we would lead the way. I just hope Ferdinand, Fernandes and Ramsey steer well clear of the last big payday merchants. We spent ten effin' years trying that and it got us nowhere: you need some young, hungry players who will go all out for it.
                  Good luck next season. And it was 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    Good luck next season. And it was 1500.
                    That is fantastic. I just hope next season those fans get to see more wins than this: they deserve nothing less.

Comment

love you

love you beautifull fox thanks for the beer
                      just ignore matty hes boyfriends just left him and its sent him a bit queer
                      but next season you wont smell our bottoms as the crazy australian lets rip
                      and if they try to come through the midfield sandro will trip

its going to be blood and guts stuff with young hungry players tearing it up
                      as well as comming up we will win the league cup
                      charlie will stay
                      and dictate play

and you just watch our wingers ripping teams apart
                      and all our old fans will return as they all want to jump on the cart
                      but they wont get entry becaiuse they didnt buy there season tickets at the start
                      and as for you massive eaters of walkers crisps i hope they make you ###t
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

isleworth

Isleworth your a great man from heaven above
                        your only weakness is you only know how to love
                        you are one of our greatest fans and you always have a big smile on your face
                        next play offs you lead the march by my side,thats your rightfull place
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post

Thanks mate. I must admit before your run I did think there was only one team down there who had been more unlucky than us and that was you so I don't grudge you staying up. We probably got what we deserved in the end although I am disappointed some really poor teams stayed up (Sunderland and Newcastle particularly) Good luck in staying up again next season. I think you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            Thanks mate. I must admit before your run I did think there was only one team down there who had been more unlucky than us and that was you so I don't grudge you staying up. We probably got what we deserved in the end although I am disappointed some really poor teams stayed up (Sunderland and Newcastle particularly) Good luck in staying up again next season. I think you will be fine.
                            Thanks a lot. I think all real football fans are similar - we just have different versions of the same disease! QPR is a team I tried to follow when I first lived in Shepherd's Bush, and I went to Loftus Road a few times. But by then (1972) I had been a City fan for over 15 years and, as I have said before, being a fan is like getting herpes: it's not life threatening, but it's also incurable.

The thing that has let Rangers down over the past three years is that there have been too many players who are not playing for the team, the manager and the fans. I always thought City would stay up (not being smug - I really mean it) because we didn't have anyone who was there for the payday. Nigel Pearson, whether you like him or not (and I absolutely love the bvgger) will absolutely not tolerate any player who does not give 100%, 100% of the time. He got rid of Jermaine Beckford for just that reason.

I really hope that Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand get in a bunch of young 20-somethings, alongside a couple of old pros who really want to give it one last go. I'm really not bigging it up, but City are a good model: decent owner, decent manager, decent fans. Just get in the right players who give it everything. Do we ever want anything else?

Comment

Working...
                            X