X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes a change from another thread laying into the club/TF/LF/CR etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
      You realise that changing the badge will likely cost far more than the relatively small amount that will increase from the few that are currently boycotting the club shop?
      No, I do not realize that at all. Furthermore, changing the crest is a one-time cost whereas the lost revenue from keeping it is ongoing, year after year. And although neither of us knows for certain, I believe it is much bigger than you think. Anywhere from £100-£200 per year for me alone.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        No, I do not realize that at all. Furthermore, changing the crest is a one-time cost whereas the lost revenue from keeping it is ongoing, year after year. And although neither of us knows for certain, I believe it is much bigger than you think. Anywhere from £100-£200 per year for me alone.
        Well that ought to cover it then.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          for one there is more than a few ,that arnt buying merchandise with the current Briatore crest .
          for two ,loads of people who buy club s hit ,will update all their stuff with a new crest
          and for three it would be nice for the club to listen to us for once and give us a chance to vote on our badge
          Well the vote in this thread alone suggests that there isn't a massive desire for it from the fans (I realise that 31 votes on this forum doesn't represent the QPR fanbase as a whole, but it's an indicator)

It's not the Briatore crest, it's the QPR badge, it's probably time to grow up and get over it. TF is far from popular now, how many will start boycotting the Fernandes crest if it was implemented? The same amount of fans?

The cost of a crest change will need a massive sustained surge in memorabilia sales to cover it. How many fans do you imagine are currently boycotting still?

Comment

just seen this badge on twitter. love it.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Genuinely prefer the current crest, much as that one is the one I grew up with.

Comment

Well that ought to cover it then.
                I hope you're not as dim as that comment makes you seem. If there are 1,000 fans boycotting, which is quite a small percentage, that is, say, £150,000 per year. Every year.

How much does it really cost to change it? Bit of paint around the stadium, update some stationery, done. I'd say even in one year the business case makes sense.
                Last edited by dsqpr; 25-05-2015, 09:44 PM.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Well the vote in this thread alone suggests that there isn't a massive desire for it from the fans (I realise that 31 votes on this forum doesn't represent the QPR fanbase as a whole, but it's an indicator)

It's not the Briatore crest, it's the QPR badge, it's probably time to grow up and get over it. TF is far from popular now, how many will start boycotting the Fernandes crest if it was implemented? The same amount of fans?
                  well the vote at present is 13 out of 34 in favour of changing it NOW, there will always be others ,like andythefish ,who`d still like it changed ,but don`t think its a priority that should be done now. So yeah ,even though ive no idea out of the whole fanbase how many arn`t buying merchandise with the current badge on , ( and neither have you ) there is still a sizable proportion ,whether you like it or not.
                  Also,if anyone needs to grow up and get over anything ,its you ,and accept the fact that other people have a different view of the current badge than you .
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    well the vote at present is 13 out of 34 in favour of changing it NOW, there will always be others ,like andythefish ,who`d still like it changed ,but don`t think its a priority that should be done now. So yeah ,even though ive no idea out of the whole fanbase how many arn`t buying merchandise with the current badge on , ( and neither have you ) there is still a sizable proportion ,whether you like it or not.
                    Also,if anyone needs to grow up and get over anything ,its you ,and accept the fact that other people have a different view of the current badge than you .
                    I can cope perfectly with differing opinions, I'm just happy to counter some weak arguments in favour of changing it at this moment in time. I'm not averse to a new badge, as the QPR badge will always be just the symbol for the the club, whatever it is, I just don't think we should waste any money or time on changing it now.

I do not understand actively boycotting the badge and anything on it, it just strikes me as really weird. It's a QPR badge, and if anything, would be not far from any badge that we could hope to have designed, with it's links to past badges and the local area.

Comment

FFS, we've just been relegated and will most likely lose our best players, so personally I couldn't give a toss about the bloody badge. It's been done to death and imo, ####ing about changing it yet again and all the re branding etc that would be needed is just a complete waste of time and money. Lets focus on what really matters!

Comment

Even though there's bigger issues, I personally like the current crest.

Leave it as it is.
                        Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Change the back four first !

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

just seen this badge on twitter. love it.

Surprised you've not mentioned this:

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Surprised you've not mentioned this:
                              Thats a nice one mate.

or how about this................

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                Thats a nice one mate.

or how about this................

I really really like that