Permanent ground share with Brentford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    1946/47 was the last time in the top flight. Brentfords CEO is Mark Devlin, wasn't he at ours a few years back
    Are you related to Nasser, Jeff? Top stat that mate.

Comment

Permanent ground share with Brentford

I'll leave you to work out whether or not I agree with this post but I'm bored with all this relegation stuff so just putting something out there. It would make a lot of sense business wise for clubs to share grounds. Who could argue that a stadium like Reading or Bolton in Acton or Ealing would be brilliant for Rs and Bees? I could live with green or yellow seats if it meant top six and the odd cup final. Fulham and Scum; Wimbledon and Palace; Charlton and the #####s; Hammers and Orient - the #### have built a mini Wembley and Spurs are about to do the same.....what a waste of money? What about our history and our heritage I hear you cry? I have stood on the South Africa Rd terrace when lads used to lean over and pull the shirts of opponents taking throws. I have stood over the Loft steps before it was The Loft to see Marsh Magic. I stood over the old radio box when Stanley was knocking 'em dead - all that has gone anyway. I was born in QP but you can see from my handle that I travel in now like so many on this Board so what does the exact location mean? Would Saints really prefer to be at The Awful Dell? Think of the real estate released, the money saved......It works in Italy, why not here?

Comment

from your post Alan there is no doubt youve been going to Rangers for time ,so you get my respect for that.
        However , the thought of sharing our ground permanently with anyone will never be tolerated , we have our own history ,our own traditions and our own identity. You use Bolton and Reading s grounds as a blueprint for us (,and ive been to both with Rangers ,) but they are everything i dont want us to end up with ,soulless grounds in the middle of nowhere ,no atmosphere ,pubs ,life ,excitement ,anything..........
        Our own identity is so more important than yellow seats ,and Brentford .....whoever they are .......
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          from your post Alan there is no doubt youve been going to Rangers for time ,so you get my respect for that.
          However , the thought of sharing our ground permanently with anyone will never be tolerated , we have our own history ,our own traditions and our own identity. You use Bolton and Reading s grounds as a blueprint for us (,and ive been to both with Rangers ,) but they are everything i dont want us to end up with ,soulless grounds in the middle of nowhere ,no atmosphere ,pubs ,life ,excitement ,anything..........
          Our own identity is so more important than yellow seats ,and Brentford .....whoever they are .......
          Agree.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-10228537.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              Agree.
              As it happens, so do I. It makes perfect sense but I'd hate it.....although I do think Reading is a decent ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                Are you related to Nasser, Jeff? Top stat that mate.
                Hahahaha no not at all but it says it in the BBC link just above my post.

Comment

Working...
                X