QPR submit revised training ground plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    We have a new training ground? Not the first time plans have been submitted. Not that difficult to submit something, is it? Can be done on a daily basis if someone wants to. To finally get an approval and to actually build it, now that is something I will reserve my joy for.
    How did I know that there would be the usual crowd come and try and turn this into a negative.

It is good news whether you like it or not that an application has been submitted to improve our facilities. Amazingly, we cannot actually control what the local council allows or doesn't.

You can dress it up however you want but it IS a positive, even if it doesn't fit into your campaign against the board/Tony or whatever your agenda is.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
      How did I know that there would be the usual crowd come and try and turn this into a negative.

It is good news whether you like it or not that an application has been submitted to improve our facilities. Amazingly, we cannot actually control what the local council allows or doesn't.

You can dress it up however you want but it IS a positive, even if it doesn't fit into your campaign against the board/Tony or whatever your agenda is.
      Personally I'm normally pretty upbeat when it comes to TF but in all honesty, until the builders move in I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
        There is nothing negative about the re-submission, just as there is nothing positive about it. This is essentially non-news, something insignificant in itself that was bound to happen sooner or later anyway. Don't like how some like to garnish it as if it were a children's circus pony.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          Personally I'm normally pretty upbeat when it comes to TF but in all honesty, until the builders move in I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.
          Looks like the cynics have got into your head mate!

How long have Spurs been waiting for their stadium?? This stuff takes time, and is pretty much out of our hands

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            There is nothing negative about the re-submission, just as there is nothing positive about it. This is essentially non-news, something insignificant in itself that was bound to happen sooner or later anyway. Don't like how some like to garnish it as if it were a children's circus pony.
            It is more down to interpretation really, I would interpret that a re-submission has been made to build new facilities is actually a positive. Not getting massively excited about it, just taking it for what it is, and looking forward.

It is not non-news, to me that would be where they couldn't care less and haven't bothered re-submitting the plans.

Comment

...there's also a very fancy hi-res image on the offish!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                ...there's also a very fancy hi-res image on the offish!
                I think they should take it one step further and make a proper 3D video game out of it. Where we have the new training ground, the new stadium and are firmly established in the PL. Bundled with 3D-rosetinted glasses, it will surely sell like hotcakes. Call it Final Fantasy 2030.

Comment

Can someone please tell me if this is a further improvement or not?

Where were we with the training ground before this announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Can someone please tell me if this is a further improvement or not?

Where were we with the training ground before this announcement?
                    Plans were not approved, and you get told the reasons why. So you go back with new and improved plans with the parts not approved amended and you get the permission. Which we will, then the digging starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Plans were not approved, and you get told the reasons why. So you go back with new and improved plans with the parts not approved amended and you get the permission. Which we will, then the digging starts.
                      Oh but the digging started ages ago

Comment

So, does anyone know what part of the plans were not approved previously? - Which we have had to amend.

Does this all technically mean we are good to go and start building? Because what happened to that Hanwell group that campaigned against it?

Comment

Will know shortly whether they give it the go ahead, takes a couple of weeks iirc. The first plans not going through didnt have anything to do with the kirill and surreyhoop protest group though.

Comment

So this IS actually really promising news right? - It's not just another PR smokescreen...

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              So this IS actually really promising news right? - It's not just another PR smokescreen...
                              Please dont believe the haters and everything coming from the official qpr is a con and a lie gang, it is really promising and is the next step in the building of a state of the art academy. All plans get refused first time around and sent back to be amended, so it was the bog standard not 'another TF co ck up' . Now it will be just wait for the rubber stamp of approval.

Comment

Im excited, when you put in plans and then get opposition, you revise the plans to keep the opponents happy and then its all systems go if they are not utterly ridiculous plans, which a training ground is not.
                                Kev you are always upbeat but seriously you need to get out more
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X