Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Fernandes Upbeat And Still Loyal To QPR. The Full Statement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Look at how mike Asley runs Newcastle. Or what the venkys did to Blackburn, etc,etc. Just my opinion, no pun
    Not sure what either of those have to do with us, or mitigate Fernandes' running of the club. For every Ashley there is a Coates or a Jenkins, who run their clubs sensibly and within their means. It really wouldn't be all that difficult to follow their lead. That's why I find the "jealous of how a rich man spnds his money" comment so laughable and ridiculous - I actually want to see Fernandes spend significantly LESS of his personal fortune...in the right areas. We could actually be a proftiable business if the owner wasn't so fixated on us punching above our weight, purely by bringing in expensive players and big name managers.
    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 04-05-2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      Not sure what either of those have to do with us, or mitigate Fernandes' running of the club. For every Ashley there is a Coates or a Jenkins, who run their clubs sensibly and within their means. It really wouldn't be all that difficult to follow their lead. That's why I find the "jealous of how a rich man spnds his money" comment so laughable and ridiculous - I actually want to see Fernandes spend significantly LESS of his personal fortune...in the right areas. We could actually be a proftiable business if the owner wasn't so fixated on us punching above our weight, purely by bringing in expensive players and big name managers.
      But one of your major gripes and arguments is about 'the debt' even though i and others have said untold times there is 'no debt', and hes spending his own money bankrolling us, so why does it bother you. Bit confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        But one of your major gripes and arguments is about 'the debt' even though i and others have said untold times there is 'no debt', and hes spending his own money bankrolling us, so why does it bother you. Bit confused.
        I know what you've told me....but It means nothing. Why? Because I don't know what our level of debt is, and you don't know any more about our financial situation than I do. I worry about what I actually read from multiple reliable sources...which is that we are half way up shite street. And there is debt, becaue Fernandes has admitted as much in the tweet that you are getting a boner about. Unlike you, I am not so naive as think that Fernandes is going to keep wiping debt away, regardless of who it is owed to (even him). Their really isn't anything confusing about my viewpoint.

Comment

Our chairman has said the debt is minimal (the ten million to the bank i would wager), and the is good enough for me. As much as you believe hes a liar, i in exactly the same amounts believe hes telling the truth. Same as with as much as you dont believe there will be a training ground or new stadium, i believe just as much there will be.

Comment

Our chairman has said the debt is minimal (the ten million to the bank i would wager), and the is good enough for me. As much as you believe hes a liar, i in exactly the same amounts believe hes telling the truth. Same as with as much as you dont believe there will be a training ground or new stadium, i believe just as much there will be.
            I'm not saying that he's a liar. I'm saying that it is simply a matter of opinion as to how you interpret his assertion that we have "litle debt." It may still not be small enough to prevent FFP / Football League sanctions, which really is my main concern. As I have said, if you want to believe that we will see a new stadium and training ground under his tenure, then that's up to you. My counter argument is that we are 4 years in, and virtually no nearer to either. Both should be much further along in the respective processes than they currently are, and we will have bigger fish to fry in the near future anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Look at how mike Asley runs Newcastle. Or what the venkys did to Blackburn, etc,etc. Just my opinion, no pun
              exactly -some on here should be careful what they wish for. Whether you like it or not guys you are in the minority -all be it a very vocal one.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                exactly -some on here should be careful what they wish for. Whether you like it or not guys you are in the minority -all be it a very vocal one.
                I have absolutely no problem with that. In all honesty, I would much rather prefer it if there was nothing to complain about, and we had a chairman that actually knew how to run a football club.

Comment

I'm not saying that he's a liar. I'm saying that it is simply a matter of opinion as to how you interpret his assertion that we have "litle debt." It may still not be small enough to prevent FFP / Football League sanctions, which really is my main concern. As I have said, if you want to believe that we will see a new stadium and training ground under his tenure, then that's up to you. My counter argument is that we are 4 years in, and virtually no nearer to either. Both should be much further along in the respective processes than they currently are, and we will have bigger fish to fry in the near future anyway.
                  Not even being argumentative, but has any other owner/chairman built a new training ground and stadium in four years of their tenure? Would be very interested to know.

Comment

Not even being argumentative, but has any other owner/chairman built a new training ground and stadium in four years of their tenure? Would be bery interested to know.
                    I'm sure you're going to inform me that this "doesn't count" as it was partially council funded, but the Liberty Stadium opened in 2005....3 years after Hew Jenkins purchased Swansea.

Comment

Three pages on Fernandes and only one post by Hitman? And an extremely restrained post at that. F ack me, to coin a phrase...... Is the fella under sedation? Or have the keys c a n and t on his smartphone been finally worn out?? We need to know.

Comment

Well his exact words were that there is "little debt", which even if greatly reduced may not fall within Football League sanctions. There is also very little to suggest that the club are any further forward when it comes to a new stadium (which in all honesty we don't really need) and a new training ground (which was supposed to be nearly finished by now) - so I'm not going to kiss his ### for that either. I agree that the youth players are decent...but then they have been for a long time. It's getting a chance that has always been the problem with us (which obviousy is not TF's fault). If you're happy with the state of the club as is then good on you, that's your prerogative. All I'm saying is that we have heard all of this #### so many times before, and it has either come to nothing or been complete b ollocks to begin with. I'll continue to feel this way until I see some actual progress in the direction of the club.
                        Totally agree with you. Warren farm is the most important thing. It is not even started and it doesn't look like it will be any time soon. I not one for slagging off Tony. But I am well past the point of being spoon feed all his press releases. He might of learned from some of his mistakes. He seemed to make a whole lot of new ones this season.

Comment

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
                          Totally agree with you. Warren farm is the most important thing. It is not even started and it doesn't look like it will be any time soon. I not one for slagging off Tony. But I am well past the point of being spoon feed all his press releases. He might of learned from some of his mistakes. He seemed to make a whole lot of new ones this season.
                          Agreed. The PR stunts, tweets and other assorted b ullshit acts are starting to wear very thin, and new mistakes have indeed supserseded old ones.

Comment

When tomorrow comes.

Comment

A shareholder loan is still a type of debt, it's not as if the shareholders out of the kindness of their hearts bequeathed millions of pounds to the club, with the shareholders not requiring to ever see their money again.
                              With the loans they still get interest and repayment, it's not a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Three pages on Fernandes and only one post by Hitman? And an extremely restrained post at that. F ack me, to coin a phrase...... Is the fella under sedation? Or have the keys c a n and t on his smartphone been finally worn out?? We need to know.

TBF Surrey hoop is owning this thread so i'm taking a back seat.

Plus, i'm too busy watching irish gypo's fighting it out..............

Last edited by Hitman34; 04-05-2015, 10:56 PM.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X