liverpools winning goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liverpools winning goal

we wonder why we concede goals.the way we defend at corners is horrendous zonal marking and no one on the posts.do the basics.we struggle in the air and yet we think we can beat people in the air from a standing start.pains me to say it but we are the worst team in the premier league and with the ins and outs coming next season will be a challenge.

Bobby didn't even jump to make the header, the players should be made to watch it again and again.

Players have bonuses in contracts but think it should also have deductions in there as well.

Comment

This is all being wise after the event with the benefit of endless replays. No-one can predict the run an opposition player will make at any point during a game.

Let's suppose you are the defender marking Gerrard on another set play, not that one, a new one. And the ball comes in to your two players space.

You will win some and you will lose some. And some of the ones you lose will be a goal.

Football is about split second judgements, not, 'hold on, let's run that again.' I'm stating the obvious of course, but which is sometimes what people lose track of.

You can't analyse in slow motion. You do it in real time.

Comment

Or did our players just let gerrard have one more piece off glory before he went to the states
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Liverpool had a few dangerous crosses/corners. I remember one where Coutinho started off way back on corner of box and then sprinted across to near post and won a flick on. Made me think: here's a team that appear to have practiced a repertoire of set pieces and I juxtaposed that with the 3 shite corners Philips had just delivered, none of which got past their first man???!
          We even struggle to take effing throw ins.... lost count of how many were chucked at a player waist/thigh leaving the ball bobbling about, loose and ripe for turning over. As OP says, comfortably worse team in league and I suspect table will bear this out in a week or so when we're 20th. Very frustrating cos I don't mind being outclassed by better teams/players but we seem to be out fought, out worked, out paced and bleeding well out everythinged.

Comment

If one of your defenders makes a ####ing idiots challenge and gets sent off it will leave us exposed at corners.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Bobby didn't even jump to make the header, the players should be made to watch it again and again.

Players have bonuses in contracts but think it should also have deductions in there as well.
              That was my thought too. gerrard beating Zamora for a header was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                This is all being wise after the event with the benefit of endless replays. No-one can predict the run an opposition player will make at any point during a game.

Let's suppose you are the defender marking Gerrard on another set play, not that one, a new one. And the ball comes in to your two players space.

You will win some and you will lose some. And some of the ones you lose will be a goal.

Football is about split second judgements, not, 'hold on, let's run that again.' I'm stating the obvious of course, but which is sometimes what people lose track of.

You can't analyse in slow motion. You do it in real time.
                zamora didn't jump for the ball end of.

Comment

Working...
                X