No announcement yet.

Gregory vs Tony: Take a walk Tony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its plain for everybody to see that Tony has made some mistakes as Chairman

However, he's backed everybody he's taken on. You can't fault him for that. Most people thought Hughes and Redknapp were the correct people at the time, and he gave them money to work with. Turns out they were both shite.

He needs a plan to stick too, and as I said he has made mistakes, but I think he will learn from them. We must have Warburton or someone lined up for the summer, stick with him and build a decent team that just needs a couple of additions if we went up, rather than a complete rebuild we seem to do each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
      I think its plain for everybody to see that Tony has made some mistakes as Chairman

However, he's backed everybody he's taken on. You can't fault him for that. Most people thought Hughes and Redknapp were the correct people at the time, and he gave them money to work with. Turns out they were both shite.

He needs a plan to stick too, and as I said he has made mistakes, but I think he will learn from them. We must have Warburton or someone lined up for the summer, stick with him and build a decent team that just needs a couple of additions if we went up, rather than a complete rebuild we seem to do each year.
      at what point will he start learning from his mistakes,now ? 2years time ? 5 years
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
        at what point will he start learning from his mistakes,now ? 2years time ? 5 years
        Not really his mistakes though are they? They are the managers' mistakes, and both Hughes and Redknapp were sacked. What mistakes has Tony made really, apart from being a bit naive and putting himself out there in twitter?

Edit, sorry Redknapp wasn't sacked, but he was refused any more money to waste on ####, which led to him quitting

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
          Not really his mistakes though are they? They are the managers' mistakes, and both Hughes and Redknapp were sacked. What mistakes has Tony made really, apart from being a bit naive and putting himself out there in twitter?

Edit, sorry Redknapp wasn't sacked, but he was refused any more money to waste on ####, which led to him quitting
          Yeah, far too late in both cases. That is his mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            I like Amit and think he would do decent job but lets be having it straight was he 1) not in charge when we first started running up debts and 2) was he not part of the lets mislead the fans and pretend im running the show and Flabby has no involvement when it turns out flabby was still very much pulling the strings
            The question is quite simple - would he run the club better than Fernandes? If the answer is 'yes' (which I'm pretty sure is the case, backed by historical fact), then I really don't have to justify my suggestion any further.

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
              Exactly. The bloke's been 'naive' for 4 years now.

Comment

It was only when Amit was in charge that the best decisions were taken and the club won promotion after so many years in the wilderness. That year, the Mittals wanted to buy the club from Briatore, but for some reason, the Italian did not want to sell to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  That year, the Mittals wanted to buy the club from Briatore, but for some reason, the Italian did not want to sell to them.
                  Because some clueless clown offered more. Money to burn.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Don't get me wrong, if Amit was to take over I'd be more than happy to see Tony step down because his leadership has been a disaster. I'm just not sure how much he could have done differently. We were probably all quite happy with the appointments of both Hughes and Redknapp, and me backed both of them more than enough. The mangers are to blame more than TF

Comment

What makes anyone think Amit WANTS to be the chairman? He never has been. If he wanted to, he would have been already.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        What makes anyone think Amit WANTS to be the chairman? He never has been. If he wanted to, he would have been already.
                        How have you worked that out? For one thing, he currently IS the vice-chairman of the club.....so what makes you think that he wouldn't want full responsibility? Secondly, to say that 'if he wanted to, he would be already' really flies in the face of one small problem - TF is currently in the position, and he has a majority share in the club. Bhatia can't force him out of the job. If Fernandes were to sell his share to Bhatia (here's hoping), then I think it stands reason that he would take over as chairman.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                          If Fernandes got on his knees and offered his now almost worthless share to Bhatia (here's hoping), then I think it stands reason that he would take over as chairman.
                          I've corrected that for you
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

What if TF steps down but Amit has no intention of buying TFs share or taking full responsibility as chairman? What if Amit prefers a more 'back seat' role as vice chairman?..... Its seems to me that people who want TF gone/step down are pinning all their hopes that Amit will step up... is their a plan B or is it just pray that a Vincent Tan doesnt walk through the door?
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              What if TF steps down but Amit has no intention of buying TFs share or taking full responsibility as chairman? What if Amit prefers a more 'back seat' role as vice chairman?..... Its seems to me that people who want TF gone/step down are pinning all their hopes that Amit will step up... is their a plan B or is it just pray that a Vincent Tan doesnt walk through the door?
                              exactly my point

Comment

Rather than hand pick people for every job how about advertise it,interview and appoint the best candidate. Novel idea but it might just catch on.
                                Same goes to all the TF lovers who say 'Who else is there then' well you put the club up for sale and invite offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X