Gregory vs Tony: Take a walk Tony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    How have you worked that out? For one thing, he currently IS the vice-chairman of the club.....so what makes you think that he wouldn't want full responsibility? Secondly, to say that 'if he wanted to, he would be already' really flies in the face of one small problem - TF is currently in the position, and he has a majority share in the club. Bhatia can't force him out of the job. If Fernandes were to sell his share to Bhatia (here's hoping), then I think it stands reason that he would take over as chairman.
    Bhatia had an opportunity to become chairman when Briatore first stepped down, but he hired Ishan Saksena to be chairman (not a bad move at all admittedly). So he has had the opportunity. My question is, what if Fernandes does step down and Bhatia doesnt want the job? You seem to be under the impression he definitely 100% wants it and will take it. I fail to see how thats a given.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Bhatia had an opportunity to become chairman when Briatore first stepped down, but he hired Ishan Saksena to be chairman (not a bad move at all admittedly). So he has had the opportunity. My question is, what if Fernandes does step down and Bhatia doesnt want the job? You seem to be under the impression he definitely 100% wants it and will take it. I fail to see how thats a given.
      Even if he doesn't want the job, it isn't a big issue in my mind - I'd much rather have him in charge of selecting a new chairman (even if it isn't him personally) than carrying on with Fernandes.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
        Rather than hand pick people for every job how about advertise it,interview and appoint the best candidate. Novel idea but it might just catch on.
        Same goes to all the TF lovers who say 'Who else is there then' well you put the club up for sale and invite offers.
        Think we tried that with Philip Beard and the CEO position. When numpty's are in charge of the hiring and firing, it really isn't a good idea.

Comment

Working...
        X