Let's make Ramsey manager for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    Bit pointless doing a poll an hour after a defeat in fairness.
    No more polls then, thank goodness for that lol

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post

Comment

Winner's mentality? As much as the French army.

Comment

We could've stayed up if we put someone with experience in instead of giving a nice yet appaling manager the job based on the the new manager bounce.

We're now 1/100 to go down
          I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

I'm on the fence but leaning towards "yes" so that's how I voted.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              We're not a training club for managers we need someone who can do job now. Let him learn under next manager and then consider but he's not ready now
              That is the problem we have had in the past four years. We always wanted a quick fix.....someone who will take us back up straight away! That's means bring nearly retired players with loads of experience! An well paid as well! We need a structure and trying to 'BUILD' a team that will serve us in the Prem. Established managers will only look at taking the club back without any consideration on the foundations...like we have just experienced again!

Comment

This fella landed a team which many of us agree would be lucky to finish in the top 6 of the championship but more than likely a mid table. The blokes not a miracle worker. We lack quality all over.

Imo he's addressed many issues including Phillips in and hoilett out. He's also introduced youth players to the first team.

Why play hoilett, Traore, taarabt....they haven't covered themselves in glory and let's be honest none will be here next year. We can hardly say they play for the shirt. He's seen this and chosen to go for grafters. We all know hill and Henry on the left isn't ideal (understatement of the year) but Ffs these two put the effort in and I'd prefer to see that then the donkey hoilet doing absolutely nothing just running with the ball and never releasing it. Traore who has cost us so many goals becuase he just switches off and on when he wants.

We have a massively unbalanced team which is just about fit for the championship. We also have the oldest squad in the league I believe and 1 striker who score regularly. Wtf was Ramsey suppose to do.

The thing I like is that players like fer and Phillips who are talented have thrived when played under his stewardship. I think it's clear to see that Ramsey and Les want to build a a team on youth and speed. We all know we need that so I for one definitely want to see him clear out the dead wood and focus on youngsters.

Ramsey would of had plenty of exposure to a lot of upcoming youngsters we prob don't know about from his days with Spurs. He deserves a chance imo and has the right philosophy.

We can't judge him on this team. I doubt many experienced managers would of kept up.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  This fella landed a team which many of us agree would be lucky to finish in the top 6 of the championship but more than likely a mid table. The blokes not a miracle worker. We lack quality all over.
                  Mid table championship? Behave. If the squad actually had a bit of fitness and composure coached into them we wouldn't have conceded so many goals in the last 10 minutes and would be comfortably 14th.

The fact is, in quality term, this squad is more than good enough to have survived. It's the complete lack of tactical nous from playing and coaching staff which is why we are down

Comment

He simply needs a spell in league one for a few years to develop. Right man wrong time!

Comment

For those who think Ramsey should be kept on this is what he said about today's performance

“The fans can see that we are not going out with a whimper,” said Chris Ramsey, seemingly resigned to his team’s fate

No. They've gone down silently. Without a fight. Nothing like a whimper. The man's f acking deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        For those who think Ramsey should be kept on this is what he said about today's performance

“The fans can see that we are not going out with a whimper,” said Chris Ramsey, seemingly resigned to his team’s fate

No. They've gone down silently. Without a fight. Nothing like a whimper. The man's f acking deluded.
                        And next week v Man City, he will probably play 6 at the back in the hope of getting that crucial away point!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                          We could've stayed up if we put someone with experience in instead of giving a nice yet appaling manager the job based on the the new manager bounce.

We're now 1/100 to go down

Easy Quid i say. Get on lads.
                          I think we should keep Ramsay on as a coach and go for someone like Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink at Burton. Warburton or dare i say it Cotterill at Bristol City, At least they have put together young sides that know how to graft and win.

Comment

I have a different perspective - if he wasn't our 'manager' which other PL team would be in for him?

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
                              Well vote for Nigel this Thursday

Comment

Overall, if we would have approached games in his way, over the whole course of the season, I actually think we would be safe by now,

I think stats of 7 points in 12+ games would say different - we'd have less points that under Harry.
                                The reality is our defence is sh*t. Hopefully, some fool will give us our money back on caulker and we invest it wisely. We've had a glimpse
                                of what's in the youth set up in all positions and there really is very little there, but Ramsey would foolishly try to prove us different.
                                If we thought we were short of players at the start of this season, then late August could see us with nothing. Remove from yesterdays team - Fer, Charlie, Philips(?), Sandro (?), Caulker (?)
                                and then maybe Bobby, Barton, Hill, Dunne (although I think they'll give him a year), Green (?). That's a lot of players we need to replace, and unfortunately it will probably force us to hang onto a few that we'd all get shot of. If you look at the 25 then there's also SWP, Tarrabt, Isla, Vargas, Zarate to add to that list. That's 15 without blinking.
                                But I'm sure our prized director of football has it in hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X