Austin linked with Chelsea (Metro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well

well i can understand chelsea going for him because hes a sort of frank lampard type imagine if they played
    loic remy and decosta up front with charlie playing a sort of goalscoring midfield player,it would also catepault austin into
    the england team
    personally i think chelsea will win the leauge in the next ten consequetive seasons arsenal are ther only club who could chalenge them really
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

At this moment in time he's a far better player than Drogba!

Don't think it'd be a good move for him but I don't see why people on here are questioning that Charlie could add value to Chelsea's squad.

Comment

Bench warmer all day long, and it won't do his england chances any good
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
          Bench warmer all day long, and it won't do his england chances any good
          Dont know why, but i reckon he would get more chance of an england call up being a chelsea sub than scoring twenty goals for rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Amazed how quickly people have turned on him.
            Who's turned on him?

People having an opinion is hardly turning on him is it?

Comment

if this isnt just the media making sht up, and the sc um are really sniffing around THIS EARLY.... then we should shoot for something ambitious like cash and bamford with an option for the player to stay at the end of the season if he'd like.
              Rangers Til I Die
              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

If the FA go for this homegrown quota Charlie could end up at a top 6 club if he's willing to be 2nd/3rd choice.

For 15m it's a no brainer. Once he gets an England cap they'll always be able to get that back off the likes of West Ham, Sunderland, Villa etc.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                  If the FA go for this homegrown quota Charlie could end up at a top 6 club if he's willing to be 2nd/3rd choice.

For 15m it's a no brainer. Once he gets an England cap they'll always be able to get that back off the likes of West Ham, Sunderland, Villa etc.
                  Yes, although if we sell him for £15m then it is a no brainer for us because we have no brains. I see him in the same class as Wilfred Bony and as I mentioned on another thread there are negotiating tactics we could use to ensure we get a transfer fee that is comparable.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Who's turned on him?

People having an opinion is hardly turning on him is it?
                    not so much this thread but other ones after saturday and on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                      Him and Remy can sit on the bench together.

I love Charlie but he's nowhere near good enough for Chelsea
                      Totally agree.

Comment

As much as I hate to say that, If Chelsea come with £15-20 it would great business. Remember we bought him for £4m.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                          As much as I hate to say that, If Chelsea come with £15-20 it would great business. Remember we bought him for £4m.
                          Only IF we use the money wisely.....and when was the last time THAT happened at QPR??
                          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Don't forget he supported them as a kid as well.

Comment

How much is a return to the Prem worth? £70m? Unless we get upwards of £20m I wouldn't sell. Austin is guarenteed goals in the Champ and I'd be inclined to lose the fee in the hope he could fire us back up.

Bloke did it before.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                How much is a return to the Prem worth? £70m? Unless we get upwards of £20m I wouldn't sell. Austin is guarenteed goals in the Champ and I'd be inclined to lose the fee in the hope he could fire us back up.

Bloke did it before.
                                He'd be unhappy, wouldn't have the same hunger imo. Fighting for prem golden boot and then forced to play championship football.
                                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                                X