Joey Barton - "QPR are the worst team in the PL"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Depends on parameters Surrey as we had squad of recognisable names once again but once season got on way was clear we were unfit, had unbalanced squad, no pace and no real strategy. To me that makes us one of the worst
    Agreed, clearly the planning and long term strategy clearly wasn't there. In truth, we were all but doomed as soon as Remy left so late, and then we chased after Borini for far too long on TDD. When you lose a 15 goal striker, your chances of survival worsen dramatically. To not replace him was criminal quite frankly. We loaded the squad up with midfielders (Fer, Mutch, Sandro) and largely neglected the strike force. I can't argue with any points that you have made there tbh, just infuriates me that we have made the same mistakes yet again, not 2 years after Fernandes stated categorically that we had learnt lessons. This season has been like history repeating itself.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      Yes, we had a mountain to climb. My issue is why he has felt the need to express this now. I don't know the context in which Barton has made these comments, but at best he is simply stating the obvious.
      Think he is playing mind games . We could do with playing the role of the underdog now because that is what we really are. In this division we are lacking so many qualities that you have to wonder how many points we would have had without Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips in the team.
      Last edited by Shania; 25-04-2015, 12:39 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Agreed, clearly the planning and long term strategy clearly wasn't there. In truth, we were all but doomed as soon as Remy left so late, and then we chased after Borini for far too long on TDD. When you lose a 15 goal striker, your chances of survival worsen dramatically. To not replace him was criminal quite frankly. We loaded the squad up with midfielders (Fer, Mutch, Sandro) and largely neglected the strike force. I can't argue with any points that you have made there tbh, just infuriates me that we have made the same mistakes yet again, not 2 years after Fernandes stated categorically that we had learnt lessons. This season has been like history repeating itself.
        Agree we've have not learnt lessons over the last couple of seasons. Biggest issue for me has been the shambolic defence

Comment

Joey Out!

Comment

Yes, we had a mountain to climb. My issue is why he has felt the need to express this now. I don't know the context in which Barton has made these comments, but at best he is simply stating the obvious.
            So? He's right, absolutely right, whats the problem with it? Pretty sure all the players already know themselves that Joey is right, so why it'd affect them I don't know. So whats the problem? It's not like we have time to stage a comeback now and stay up is it?
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He's right though
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                So? He's right, absolutely right, whats the problem with it? Pretty sure all the players already know themselves that Joey is right, so why it'd affect them I don't know. So whats the problem? It's not like we have time to stage a comeback now and stay up is it?
                I can't imagine hearing it from your captain is going to do any good though, even if he is right. That's the problem with it.
                Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-04-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I'd say it's a toss up between us and Sunderland in terms of worse team award. To be honest, I'd rather hear honesty than gungho nonsense that's clearly at odds with the crud we see on pitch for 90% of the time. Overall Barton's just telling it how it is.

Comment

My problem with Joey is not what he said, it's getting sent off against Hull City for stupidity. A game we should've won and he also missed 3 games after that. We wouldn't have been in this mess right now. I feel we had a good chance and he cost us.

Comment

Was it Arsene Wenger who said "the table does not lie"?
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        I think he is partly to blame because that sending off may cost us staying up in the long run.
                        I would say the inability to win enough games before the game at Hull has more to do with our impending relegation than one player getting sent off

Comment

Working...
                        X