Joey Barton - "QPR are the worst team in the PL"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton - "QPR are the worst team in the PL"

Exactly the sort of confidence building we need. Thanks Joey - leading by example as always.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...see-them-safe?

And that he himself is captain of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      And that he himself is captain of the ship.
      Exactly why he should be keeping his opinions to himself. We need a little confidence at this stage of the season - not the captain of the team asserting that we are inferior to every team we play.

Comment

Can't see anything negative in his quotes. He's correct in his views in my opinion.

Comment

Kinda misleading, he said technically we were the worst team in the league before a ball was kicked due us coming via the playoffs which is actually true

Comment

He got sent off at Hull, a game that we should've won and got himself a ban. Had we got them 3 points we'd be sitting on 29 points today and Hull would be on 25.

I think he is partly to blame because that sending off may cost us staying up in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
              Can't see anything negative in his quotes. He's correct in his views in my opinion.
              We spent £35million in the summer - considerably more than Leicester or Burnley. I couldn't disagree with him more personally. We should never have found ourselves in the position we are currently in.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                We spent £35million in the summer - considerably more than Leicester or Burnley. I couldn't disagree with him more personally. We should never have found ourselves in the position we are currently in.
                I blame Harry, he's players he's team.

Why spend big money on a player that's so injury prone, that's why Spurs let Sandro go. What about Rio, 99% of us knew how he'd turn out and was another waste of wages. Had Harry had got the basics right we would've been fine.

I don't think Harry thought about back ups and what if one player get's injured, I think he's shown that he is not a top top manager after all.

I can understand why the board kept Harry, but like many have said they need to be a bit like Flavio 'ruthless'.

Comment

And we spent nothing in Jan and Leicester done was it £15-20mil so that evens it up

Comment

Even single word Joey says is true. We certainly "had a mountain to climb in August. You have to ask the question: has everything done since then helped or hindered". Bang on the money.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that article.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        And we spent nothing in Jan and Leicester done was it £15-20mil so that evens it up
                        That doesn't mean we were the worst team before a ball was kicked though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Even single word Joey says is true. We certainly "had a mountain to climb in August. You have to ask the question: has everything done since then helped or hindered". Bang on the money.
                          Yes, we had a mountain to climb. My issue is why he has felt the need to express this now. I don't know the context in which Barton has made these comments, but at best he is simply stating the obvious.

Comment

That doesn't mean we were the worst team before a ball was kicked though.
                            Depends on parameters Surrey as we had squad of recognisable names once again but once season got on way was clear we were unfit, had unbalanced squad, no pace and no real strategy. To me that makes us one of the worst

Comment

Think he's spot on! Also think had it been Clint Hill who said what Joey said this thread would be full of people saying- "spot on Clint, no bull$hit", "well done Clint, straight to the point" etc etc..... But because its Joey, he will always get criticised.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X