Matt Phillips: Why Ramsey is succeeding where Harry Redknapp failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    People need to remember CR was left to deal with the a team he did not bring so I think he did not do that bad considering he has no managerial experience.
    Fed up with hearing that to be honest.

All we get is excuses for the new manager coming in with a squad that is not his.

Had it with Hughes Redknapp and now Ramsey.

Pardew and Pulls came in with squads that were not theirs but seemed to do ok

Comment

Ramsey has potential...club / fans have to decide if we have the time for him to develop, same sort of patience / faith when nurturing a promising player. I'm not jumping up and down in his corner, just ok if the club leaves him in place rather than bring in another overbearing underachieving type who can't seem to get anything done.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post

All we get is excuses for the new manager coming in with a squad that is not his.

Because their squads were already good. The managers were under performing. Our squad is weak and the managers are weak.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Because their squads were already good. The managers were under performing. Our squad is weak and the managers are weak.
          You are honestly telling me that you think that Palace's squad from the start of the season was better than ours?? Chamakh and Campbell up front with Delaney at the back? Ok, Bolasie is decent but who else would you be itching to have in our team?

We have been mis-manaqed plain and simple.

I don't really hold Ramsey responsible, I think we all know it was down to Redknapp, but am just frustrated at the way we have not performed anywhere near the level that we should have and are going to get relegated because of it.

I am actually looking forward to next season though as I think there will be a change in the outlook of the club to try and focus on getting the right type of player in. I know we said this before but it was never going to be the case with Harry in charge. That is why the next manager has to be the correct decision for us.

Even if we don't go up straight away it will be nice to see the exodus of the money-grabbing leeches that have been sucking the blood out of us for the past 4-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post

Sort of agree- Hughes had absolutely no excuses's. Came in with an already good vibe/team spirit squad but admittedly needed work on to add the quality. He was given the funs to do this but instead he just ripped apart any team spirit we had and replaced it with $hit/horrible/bitter players.

Honestly cant blame Redknapp for our 1st relegation. He inherited the worst team on the planet and not even Mourinho could've saved us, despite us getting Remy and at the time a fans favourite Samba.... Promotion season was all about getting us up and tbf he brought in the right players to do that and they did!.... This season, I said at the time and still stand by it, I honestly think we had the best transfer window at this club in years, with very talented signings. Whats focked us up and looking like relegated us is simply a whole season of bad management and ineffective training sessions.

And with Ramsey he cant blame the squad it simply just comes down to lack of managerial experience.... although imho we are playing our best football under Ramsey than we ever did under both Hughes and Redknapps time here (and that just probably just shows how poor they really were)
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Sort of agree- Hughes had absolutely no excuses's. Came in with an already good vibe/team spirit squad but admittedly needed work on to add the quality. He was given the funs to do this but instead he just ripped apart any team spirit we had and replaced it with $hit/horrible/bitter players.

Honestly cant blame Redknapp for our 1st relegation. He inherited the worst team on the planet and not even Mourinho could've saved us, despite us getting Remy and at the time a fans favourite Samba.... Promotion season was all about getting us up and tbf he brought in the right players to do that and they did!.... This season, I said at the time and still stand by it, I honestly think we had the best transfer window at this club in years, with very talented signings. Whats focked us up and looking like relegated us is simply a whole season of bad management and ineffective training sessions.

And with Ramsey he cant blame the squad it simply just comes down to lack of managerial experience.... although imho we are playing our best football under Ramsey than we ever did under both Hughes and Redknapps time here (and that just probably just shows how poor they really were)
              I'm guessing you were not at LR on Saturday... It was a dire 'performance'.

Comment

Ramsey lost us the game by playing 4 centre backs at the back and a holding midfielder at left-wing.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Ramsey lost us the game by playing 4 centre backs at the back and a holding midfielder at left-wing.
                  Can't disagree but worse than that he had plenty of time to change it around when he saw it wasn't working and west ham was a sack of shlt , protecting a point in a must win game

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                    I'm guessing you were not at LR on Saturday... It was a dire 'performance'.
                    And that goes to show how $hit we've been since Warnock left!... friggin obvious he lost us the game Saturday, just like he's done in the past (team selections/substitutions) but overall our play has been better... again just shows how poor we've been in the past.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Can't disagree but worse than that he had plenty of time to change it around when he saw it wasn't working and west ham was a sack of shlt , protecting a point in a must win game
                      Spot on... Great coach by all accounts but not a gaffer for me.
                      Would like a gaffer and Ramsey as 1st team coach for next season

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Spot on... Great coach by all accounts but not a gaffer for me.
                        Would like a gaffer and Ramsey as 1st team coach for next season
                        What he's not is a tactician

Comment

well

well matt phillips is talking about coaching which is fair enough

but we need a manager
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Phillips has been a very right light in a horribly dark season, was excellent again Saturday and so unlucky not to score another belter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Phillips has been a very right light in a horribly dark season, was excellent again Saturday and so unlucky not to score another belter.
                              Played well but I thought Cresswell had him in his pocket to be honest

Comment

Can anybody say hand on heart that those players gave their all and fought for our future for 90 minutes in a game that meant so much to queens park rangers?
                                Cos i cant, and i expect more of the same for the next four games. All this talk from the players means nothing to me. The only one telling the truth is barton saying we are the worst club in the league and that will be shown in the table season end imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X