Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Phillips: Why Ramsey is succeeding where Harry Redknapp failed

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/...redknapp-fail/

Matt Phillips feels Chris Ramsey is succeeding where Harry Redknapp didn't due to how he gets the most out of his QPR players, according to the London Evening Standard.

And, when it comes to Phillips himself, the 24-year-old says he told Redknapp he was fit and ready but it has taken a change of manager to get the best out of him.

Under Ramsey, Phillips has run Lionel Messi close in terms of his assists for goals - not bad going for a man who couldn't start under his previous coach.

And the QPR winger has credited Ramsey for his form: “Even while Harry was still here I was saying, ‘I’m fit now and ready’. I wanted to show what I can do but it took a change of manager for that to happen, which is unfortunate."

As far as the QPR squad as a whole are concerned, meanwhile, Phillips says it is Ramsey's man management that is getting more out of the R's side.

Ramsey's overall record certainly can't be said to be a huge improvement on Redknapp's but what is telling is that their most recent form may be QPR's most consistent period of the whole season.

And considering it's involved one win, one draw and one loss, that paints a picture of how the west London side were struggling earlier this term.

And yet some people think that getting another dinosaur like Allardyce would somehow be a good idea.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      And yet some people think that getting another dinosaur like Allardyce would somehow be a good idea.
      That is twice I have agreed with you in one day Kirill.
      Time for me to log off I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        That is twice I have agreed with you in one day Kirill.
        Time for me to log off I think.
        Yeah, log off and take a cold shower
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

i'm still completely baffled about what the previous coaching staff (red chap, jordan, bond, hoddle etc) actually did... players were unfit, disorganised, lacking confidence, tactically naive.

does anyone know?

Comment

IMO Phillips has been given a free reign by Ramsey to do what he does best and have go at defenders ,
            Posters said Redknapp never took coaching but he did and in Phillips case he was over coached confused then dropped , fair play to Ramsey for seeing what he could do and playing him to his strengths

Comment

What success? Five consecutive home defeats?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                Personal success. Do you not agree Matty Phillips is playing better now??

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Personal success. Do you not agree Matty Phillips is playing better now??
                  Yes I do, he's a different player now. But team has not succeeded at all.

Comment

Comment

Its all relative, still only 2 points behind the team outside the relegation zone, with the squad we have, records like that don't matter unless it is all matches. Home or away individually mean nothing now.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Its all relative, still only 2 points behind the team outside the relegation zone, with the squad we have, records like that don't matter unless it is all matches. Home or away individually mean nothing now.
                        Where were we table wise when the old codger left mate? Better or worse off?

Comment

Let us hope it is round the corner mate starting with tomorrow.

Comment

2pts out of 24 available from our home games suggests he isn't succeeding at all....
                            I'm gutted about today :(

Comment

People need to remember CR was left to deal with the a team he did not bring so I think he did not do that bad considering he has no managerial experience.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X