Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR v Boro in 1969... The football was unbelievable....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR v Boro in 1969... The football was unbelievable....

Am watching The Big Match Collection and this is the first game with Jimmy Hill interviewing Rodney and showing a montage of his skill....

A few observations...

The pitch at LR looked amazing even though the highlights were in black and white but it looked great....

Barry bridges was a great finisher and Frank Clark looked fantastic...

Rodney was an immense talent and one in which England should have made far more use of as he had everything....

Terry Wenables was like Rolls Royce and was such a handsome beast too.... The Sevy Ballaesteros of the MF.....

Ian Gillard and Dave Clement were formidable defenders....

Phil Parkes was a behemoth.....

Proper Hoops and classic Queens Park Rangers if you asked the average fan....

That dogs head Bob Latchford was terrorising us back in 1970 for Birmingham City let alone the late 70's for the Toffees when he bagged 4.... The hat trick goal that Rodney scored at LR that day was incredible skill....

Les Allen had Rangers playing the most sublime football and it was an era when we could hang on to players even outside of the top division... That era must have been amazing to witness...

Rodney was a very talented and articulate bloke and gave some brilliant answers to Jimmy's interrogations.... Good looking geezer too.....

Buffy ol boy,fantastic post on some of our great players but have to ask does one bat for the other side?
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Great to watch all the nostalgia games I am always watching Rangers on YouTube, don't you think dave Thomas was an unsung hero for us? I would love a player with that speed in our team today who earned peanuts and would put a few players to shame how to cross a ball with either foot
      You Rsssssss

Comment

dave thomas

dave thomas was a fabulous winger and one of my favourites
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          Buffy ol boy,fantastic post on some of our great players but have to ask does one bat for the other side?
          Well with 4 kids and a lifetime of womanising behind me I don't think so (not something I'm either bragging about or proud of just saying..) I'm just confident enough in my own sexuality to be able to recognise a good looking geezer when I see one and TV and Rodney were without doubt popular with the ladies.... Ask your partner (whether that be a male or female) as am sure they'd agree....
          Last edited by BuffooneRy; 18-04-2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            Great to watch all the nostalgia games I am always watching Rangers on YouTube, don't you think dave Thomas was an unsung hero for us? I would love a player with that speed in our team today who earned peanuts and would put a few players to shame how to cross a ball with either foot
            Agreed Dave Thomas was the business and Don Givens was a fantastic player too....

Comment

Working...
            X