Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR are the 31st biggest club in the country...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR are the 31st biggest club in the country...

...according to the Mail.

Lengthy but informative article and the table at the end makes interesting reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490

Yeah, about right, "IF" we had won that title in 76, FA cup in 82 and league cup in 85 we would be around Derby.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      Yeah, about right, "IF" we had won that title in 76, FA cup in 82 and league cup in 85 we would be around Derby.
      If we had won the league in 76 I don't think Liverpool would of gone on to be such a dominant force through to the 80's.
      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
      London Pride is a flower that's free.
      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
      And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

I was just about to post a thread on this too.

It seems to be a fairly accurate rating tbh.

I think QPR also lost a lot of ground after relegation in 96. had they done things better after selling Ferdinand, they could have stayed up and gone on to continue to improve on and off the pitch. There would probably be a new bigger ground with improved gates to help them climb even higher up the rankings.

Those 'lost'15 years have done a lot of damage to QPR which is why the likes of Charlton, Palace, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Birmingham & Burnley are above them.

This is another reason why QPR must stay up this season, otherwise they could spend another long spell out of the top flight and lose even more ground. In 10 years time they could be down to 40th place.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          Was we in the league cup in 85? I know we was in the milk cup in 86
          You Rsssssss

Comment

I think 31st is a little generous. I'd say @35th would be more accurate. There are clubs above us in that list-Fulham for starters-that should be below us and clubs below us in that list that are much bigger than us.

Comment

Average league finish
              The average league finish position for each of the clubs since 1888-89.
              Who the #### cares where a team finish in the 19th century?

Player quality
              We counted the number of players from each club who have played for England, all-time, ranking the clubs by total. This reflects historic ‘bigness’. We then ranked the clubs by the number of players provided to the 2014 World Cup — a measure of modern ‘bigness’. The overall ranking is an aggregate of these two.
              England are #### anyway, and lots of bad players made the WC while lots of good ones missed out.

Whole article is nonsense.

At the moment Man Utd & Chelsea are the big English clubs. Arsenal sort of are, but they never do anything that matters in Europe. City haven't proven themselves. Liverpool and Spurs aren't top tier.
              Last edited by stationcafe; 26-03-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

where will we be when we move into our 40,000 seater ,somewhere near the top i reckon
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                  where will we be when we move into our 40,000 seater ,somewhere near the top i reckon
                  Not sure 'number of empty seats' is a factor that they are planning to include nor will it improve our standing

Comment

31st best n all.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      31st best n all.
                      Matty no need to bring you weight up on here mate

Comment

Yes, it is nonsense but interesting nonsense nonetheless.

Happy to see we did well in Global Fan Support.

Lots of flaws in the way they decided "bigness" but in the end the list seems reasonable. Man U. definitely #1 for me but I'd put Liverpool #2.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                        X